1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 Rock running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Liz doped up and spilling her guts to Oprah was hilarious: "I kissed a girl once while at camp, but then she drowned."

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Baldwin without question makes the show.

The man is a comedic God.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

With big assists from Morgan and McBrayer, to be sure. But you're right - Baldwin is fantastic and this is the perfect role for him. I don't know how he stumbled across that delivery, but holy shit is it funny.

4. EE94

EE94 Guest

I thought the Oprah thing was priceless, especially when Lemon realizes it was the 12-year-old and Oprah's babbling on the plane

I think the show surpasses the Office right now. It has that manic energy that Seinfeld hit its last few seasons - forget realistic premises - just be absurd

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do a youtube search for Baldwin and Glengarry Glen Ross.

Always
    Be
    Closing

6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Almost forgot: Liz Lemon in the Princess Leia costume during jury selection. ...

The 2-3 second flashbacks/gags are as good as it gets. Last season had one with Lemon at a bird museum in Germany right after telling Jack how wild she got while studying abroad. She had the late-80s short haircut and big glasses. Then she spoke in German (with subtitles): So many different types of sparrows! I was in tears.

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Now i've got the werewolf bar mitzvah song in my head.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

"I don't think it's fair for me to be on the jury because I can read people's thoughts."

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just about pissed myself when I saw Jane Krakowski in blackface.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Total ratings-grabber move. The show's ratings aren't stellar, so they try to draw people in. Too bad, because it is hilarious. I'm just glad for the 'net as my DVR for some reason canceled the taping of the show. Argh.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Pretty bizarre episode. "Real night court is not at all like the TV show. You remember the TV show, right? The hookers aren't funny and there are a lot more sickly homeless people and terrified college students."
    And "It was quick and in the meat locker. That's OK, right?" Jack is by far the best character on the show. Oh, and Jennisfer Aniston is still hot.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wish they'd get back to the actual production of the "show" instead of going off on so many tangents. I don't know if the ratings have bumped at all this season. The constant stunt casting is a distraction, I just wish the show had enough faith in its writers and the audience, instead it's the television equivalent of Chinese food, 10 minutes later you can't recall what was so funny. I think they take the easy way out on some of their jokes, going for the cheap laugh instead of working for something that is truly memorable. Think about the "master of one's domain" episode of Seinfeld, 30 Rock would turn that into a minute-long flashback.

Draft saved Draft deleted