1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 Rock is such a good show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Oct 26, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just want to mention that Fey and Palin look like sisters when they wear their glasses.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

"What would you do if you had a million dollars?"

"Two chicks at the same time."

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Who's John Maher? Bill's brother?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The show has been very hit or miss this year.

They need to either integrate Tracy and Jenna into the rest of the characters, or shitcan them completely. Their side stories with Kenneth this year are a drag on the show.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've bitched about this in a few other places here, but I can't believe how little I enjoy this show lately. It's a mess, and Kenneth dancing in a NBC Speedo this week was a sign that the show's subtle touch is dead and gone. Far too much reliance on sight gags these days. Liz Lemon has gone from being a quirky, neurotic, but relateable character who tries to deal with the mess around her to a totally unlikeable characature. Very disappointing.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    First off, Tina Fey is pretty hot. Liz Lemon is pretty hot, so why the hell does the show try to mine the whole she's so fat and ugly and no will ever love her line of comedy?
    Just dumb.
    Seems like the show is just random bits of unfunny gags surrounded by largely unwatchable junk.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hmmm.

I agree that the quality has gone way down this year.

But I thought this particular episode last thursday (involving Jack/Lemon/Floyd) was sublime stuff. Best maybe of the season.

But the kenneth/Tracy/Jenna storylines are continually horrid. And they ghetto-ize that segment by usually not involving the other main characters with the three.

I don't need to see Kenneth seductively dancing anymore. Its the second or third time they've done it. Reeks of laziness.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I just feel like after all the good press this show got, it got too cute for its own good. (The fact that it won an Emmy for best comedy series for the 2009 season was a joke.) Too much of a reliance on guest stars, too much over-the-top Kenneth, and even too much Jack (sacrilege!).

At this point, I'd almost prefer Robot Bear Talk Show.

9. Robort Bear Talk Show sounds like something they would come up with ... Like Werewolf Barmitzah.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Totally agree. The past two seasons, it was the first show I'd watch on the DVR on Thursday nights. Now, it's fourth out of the NBC shows, sometimes it's Saturday or Sunday before I get around to watching it.

The show just fell off the cliff. Too much Kenneth this season. The donkey fits he had a couple of episodes ago just made me cringe. Terrible.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

More Katrina Bowden please.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Still love it. I think Tracy Jordan is just a great character now. Crazy over-the-top, but great. And they've brought the writers into the storylines more, which I've liked. More Katrina Bowden, yes indeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted