1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 Rock is such a good show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Tracy: I'm gonna make you a mix tape. You like Phil Collins?
    Jack: I've got two ears and a heart, don't I?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great show... It's too bad NBC's Thursday night lineup finishes third every week...

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Remember a year ago, before the fall TV season started, when everyone thought Studio 60 would be far superior to 30 Rock?

Hmph.

4. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Tonight's episode looks like a winner: "Ludachristmas" guest starring Andy Richter, Buck Henry, and Elaine Stritch! A rerun of The Office from last year ["Benihana Christmas"] precedes. Should be a pretty solid 90 minutes [The Office is an hour long episode...in my opinion the show loses something when it's stretched out to an hour]. Some sort of SNL Christmas special runs after 30 Rock.

5. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

And, unfortunately, I believe this will be the last new episode until after the writers strike ends. And I heard yesterday that those who would know about these things say that the strike will not end any time soon. They are saying 6 months at least as the studios are now ready to write off the season, and feel they have the cash to outlast the writers.

So enjoy tonights show.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Anyone see the season premiere with Erection Cove?

It is the funniest episode of TV comedy I have seen since Seinfeld's prime.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Watched it online the other day. Incredible, as usual.

''They told us to sweep sawdust so we'd find work at a mill... I feel like I'm back in that boiler room, making little piles of sawdust while Gilly plays with himself in a corner.''

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

"Gilly chewed through his headgear."

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Bringing it full circle, did you see Seinfeld's name on the credits of MILF Island? Went by quick - thank goodness for TiVo pause. :)

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Liz Lemon: Why are you wearing a tux?
    Jack: It’s after 6! What am I, a farmer?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes, Vice President Cheney, I think she will win, too.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And when you consider it's the fourth best comedy on NBC that night ... kind of makes the word "great" ring hollow.

Draft saved Draft deleted