1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 for 30 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Enjoyed it a great deal. This has been in my head for the last half-hour:

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I recommend to anyone visiting Baltimore a stop at the Sports Legends Museum outside Camden Yards. It's worth a few hours, even if you're not totally into the Maryland sports scene. But if you are ... it's pretty spectacular.

I've been to a lot of "local" sports museums -- including the Babe Ruth Birthplace (which SLM outgrew), the Hall of Champions in San Diego, multiple state athletic halls of fame, the Nolan Ryan Center in Alvin, etc. -- and this one tops them all.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'll second this ... and I suspect a few other visitors who were there a little more than three months ago might concur.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm watching it again on the Deuce. Love some of these quote: "I thought Irsay was a good guy. Unfortunately we were friends." Schaefer is an interesting guy. I can't help but pick up the Homicide and The Wire vibe from the hour.
    As a kid who never believed the Raiders would move away from Oakland until I saw them kick-off in L.A. - I always related to Baltimore. Very similar cities in multiple ways.
    The League is just different now. Pittsburgh is probably the last team that has the connection to their city like most teams used to.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

As we are reminded every damn week here.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Green Bay laughs at this.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I don't think that's true at all. The Packers certainly still have that connection with their city, as do a few of the old AFL teams.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

Go to hell, Art Modell... just had to get that out of the way.

Enjoyed the doc on the Colts band very much, though.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Very enjoyable piece. I'm kinda biased, though ... :)

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Agree about Green Bay. My bad. I'll throw in Buffalo too, it's a different dynamic when the team is just about the only thing the locals can boast about.

11. duckncover

duckncover Member

Looking forward to the Band doc now. The Gretzky hour played real slow. Kinda boring. Easily could have been a half hour.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You could add kansas City, Denver and Minnesota, at the very least, to that list. And Jets and Lions fans remain very passionate despite some terrible teams.

Draft saved Draft deleted