1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 for 30 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 6, 2009.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

NFL players have never honored the picket line of another union. I don't begrudge those replacement players. The NFLPA was never ever ever going to do shit for them if they didn't play. Why should they honor someone else's union if for absolutely nothing .

Want to get angry, get angry at Randy White Joe Montana Tony Dorsett Lawrence Taylor. They crossed their union's picket line. They are the bitches. The assholes the cowards and punks.

Blame the rich guys, not the real estate agent playing out his dream

Iron_chet and qtlaw like this.
  2. heyabbott

the replacement games counted in the standings, not preseason games. Those pieces of shit deserve more respect than the lowly union busting vaginas that crossed their own picket line, about a dozen of whom are in the Hall of Fame.

Della9250 and expendable like this.
  3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I just think it's odd that the same management that convinced these guys to play, counted the games in the standings and helped them win the dispute, didn't give them the ultimate reward. Especially, since its management who decides who gets rings.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes, he did a worse job loosening up the defenses for Stump Mitchell.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

A scab is a fucking scab. Hall of famers included.

6. heyabbott

tough shit. Those scabs had more integrity than any of those fake union pussies who caved in after missing 2 pay checks. Coal miners gave up months of pay to go one strike. NFL were punks and not a real union. Just a collective bargaining agent. They aren't union
    Why do NFL union players refuse to honor a picket line for any other union. Fuck the NFLPA.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How does any scab have any integrity?

And you're arguing with air about the PA, I've never defended them.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Agreed; when Joe Montana crossed the line, a party of me was less of a fan.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I seem to recall Dan Marino, a Pittsburgh kid, saying he never crossed the picket line because his father would have killed him.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Not a 30 for 30, but the teaser trailer for the Bill Simmons-backed HBO documentary on Andre the Giant is out:

I am looking forward to this one much more than the one on Ric Flair, who I don't find all that interesting.

Flip Wilson and sgreenwell like this.
  11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Phil Pettey was a guard on the replacement Redskins.

One year at Missouri, we were both students in World Political Geography class. Mizzou broke out rare (for the time) black pants for a game at Nebraska. The following Monday before class, I told Pettey I thought the black pants looked really sharp.
    His response: "We wore those so no one could see we pissed our pants running out onto the field."

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am no basketball fan but I really enjoyed the three-part Lakers- Celtics 30 for 30

Draft saved Draft deleted