1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 for 30 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

You like what you like, and I'll like what I like.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My most memorable segment was the Connors one where Aaron Krickstein says Connors was his mentor and one of his closest friends up until that epic match at the US Open then Connors never said another word to him. What a total d*ckhead move; cannot even fathom that.

poindexter likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Have to watch it again with both eyes but the XFL ep was pretty compelling, and the ending dinner scene with McMahon and Ebersol rather intimate and intense and raw.

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

That last scene was completely over-the-top and worthless.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Watching the XFL one only because it sat in my DVR for a week.

Damn it's better than I thought it would be.

6. Songbird

McMahon's emotions were pretty real, especially when Ebersol talked about putting him in his will. That was a real moment.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Hard to believe McMahon is a couple years older than Ebersol. He should share some of his supplements with Dick.

8. Songbird

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Who could ESPN have chosen to direct to troll Simmons the most? Or could they just flash Directed By Not Bill Simmons across the screen as it opens?

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is it in real time? His NFL career lasted about 30 minutes.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There was a pretty good story in USA Today on Tuesday about Leaf. Apparently he's cleaned himself up, been sober for five years, and is working as an ambassador and touring speaker for a rehab facility. He owned a lot of his mistakes, even admitting he "didn't have the brain to be an NFL quarterback."

One thing that made me roll my eyes, though, was that he claimed the Chargers never recovered from taking him No. 1 overall because they missed having that franchise quarterback.
    Um, Ryan, they got the guy about five years later. In fact, they've had two since you came along. The one they kept has done pretty well and might have a couple of rings if not for having to constantly go through three other potential HOF quarterbacks to get there. Leaf over Manning was an all-time blunder, but I'd say they recovered pretty nicely from that mistake -- and a lot quicker than many franchises would have.

Draft saved Draft deleted