1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30-day shred

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, May 1, 2009.

1. jps

jps Active Member

blair tipped me off to it and I tracked one down earlier this week. I told mrs. jps that I'm a bit amazed at what she must put those biggest loser folks though, because just that 20-minute workout is pretty intense.

went through it wednesday night. didn't hurt too bad the next morning, but the legs started to let me know they were sort about middle of the day and they still hurt into today. I skipped thursday and then did the thing again this morning before work. downstairs neighbors are probably pist about the whole jumping jacks/jump rope/jogging thing, but damn if that thing doesn't work you hard.

anybody else using this dvd? do you do it every day, or is my every other day approach the way to go? and how freaking hard does level 3 work you? I'm thinking I may sit at level 1 for a little while. not sure what that says about me, because I didn't think I was that out of shape!

[​IMG]

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't think I want to look like that dude on the cover.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'll bite.

You're better off working your way through each level slowly, even if you're repeating every line in your sleep. "The head and neck are not invited to this party!" You can go every other day, but if you go more time in between than that, you're not going to advance as quickly. The killer for me is always the last one-minute strength exercise.

4. jps

jps Active Member

thanks, bob. was sore as hell yesterday, but am doing not so bad today. my calves are a little sore, but it's been my quads, mostly. we'll see what happens after today's round.

5. sostartled

sostartled Member

My wife loves all those Biggest Loser videos. Bob has a kickboxing one that she's currently using. Looks too intense for me. I'll stick to the treadmill.

6. H-I-larious.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Do you need equipment, or just the DVD?

8. sostartled

sostartled Member

light weights and a mat (if you have hard floors) (says my wife)

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

The fiancee did those. Went straight through, on the 30-day plan. That, combined with Weight Watchers, has helped her drop 20 pounds.

10. jps

jps Active Member

yeah, have skipped just the one day and decided to go after it for 30 days straight, more or less. even if there isn't a ton of weight loss, there's going to be some toning going on for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted