1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 30 on Ole Miss

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Oct 31, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Can't believe a thread hasn't started yet, unless someone gave it some kind of weird subject line that no one understood.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good, except for a few too many camera shots of Wright Thompson looking all serious.

Anyone else?

2. There is a thread ... a 30-for-30 on Anything Goes.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why would it be on Anything Goes and not on journalism?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The 30 for 30 Running Thread is about three years old and 37 pages long. It ain't hard to find.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Fascinating film on a different place and a different time.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Mrs. t_b_f has DVR'd it for me, and I'll watch it once I get back. I'm pretty excited. I hear it was very well done.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The guy who wrote/produced it grew up there so he has a different perspective than someone else might have.

It took place before I was born, so it is sort of eerie to watch, sort of like watching a WWII movie. But, hey, 50 years ago....

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought it was very well-done.

Thompson did a great job as a narrator, but I really could have done without the first-person stuff. Journalists should not be the story, especially in something like this. As another writer friend said, "They sure seemed to make it look like someone who was born 15+ years after 1962 could give a firsthand account of what happened.

Thompson is almost certainly my favorite sportswriter, but I was at a loss as to why they had so many shots of him in this otherwise brilliant film. I found it very distracting...

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Very good take, Mizzou.

Draft saved Draft deleted