1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3 Questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Aug 19, 2007.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

1. I would rather pay for a Pepsi than drink a free Coke.

2. Definitely Mary Ann. Ginger was a bimbo.

3. Neither Darrin. They were both goofs.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

1. 4th-grade teacher gave me a compliment I'll never forget one afternoon.

2. Pitcher. Gimme the damn ball.

3. Hagar.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

After thinking about this and already responding, I think I'd make each of the questions worthy of a yes or no only response.

1. Should all presidential candidates have a military background?

2. To Republicans: Will you raise taxes?
    2. To Democrats: Will you tax the poor?

3. Can you win the presidential nomination without ANY fundraising and instead use your own money?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd also like to know how they eat Oreos.

I eat Double-Stuf Oreos, but like to gently remove one of the cookie parts on 4 of them, peel the Stufs without breaking or tearing them, then stack them, before replacing the top cookie part, as to make an Octo-Stuf Oreo.

Some candidates might dunk Oreos in milk, others might ram the whole cookie in his/her mouth. Others might remove one of the cookie parts and lick the Stuf slowly, finish it off, chew that cookie piece, then plop the other cookie piece in his/her mouth.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

There are some great questions on here, and some really, really bad ones, like basically any of the ones that would prompt a canned speech (so, that'd be NO on Iraq, military service, taxing the rich or the poor ...)

The 4th grade question is a good question because it'll probably prompt a story and it'll be something very exact, not the typical bullshit say-nothing answer these people are trained to dish out. The question about being mad at your kids is damn good, too, though it could be something they wouldn't want to talk about, like drug use or something, so they could gloss over it.

I'd ask:

How did you get your first speeding ticket?

Who's your best friend, why, talk about it ... -- no spouse allowed

What do you want to be when you grow up?

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Sen or House?

They are both the Legislature

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

1. If you could steal any three (3) laws/programs from anywhere on Earth and implement them in the United States, what would they be and why?

2. You die tomorrow, and tonight you dine alone. What is your last meal and why?

3. You can be blind, deaf or mute for the rest of your days. Which do you choose and why?

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My theory on batter vs. pitcher: People who choose to be the pitcher are afraid to fail, people who choose to bat are true competitors. The pitcher is going to win the battle approximately 74 percent of the time (based on league batting averages), so anyone choosing to pitch is choosing to take the side with the greater advantage. Even if the pitcher makes a mistake, there's a distinct possibility the batter still makes out. The batter faces a more difficult challenge.

As for the questions I'd ask:
    1. You're sitting around on a rare Saturday afternoon with absolutely nothing to do. No responsibilities, no family around, no chance of having to do anything you don't want to. What do you do with your day? (and if masturbation isn't somewhere in their answer, I'm not voting for them! :))

2. How did you first ask out your significant other (or how did you two first get together in the event you didn't do the asking)?

3. You've got a convertible with a full tank of gas and nothing to do for three weeks. Where do you go?

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The Yes and No thinking was just to have them on the record saying Yes or No.

Politicians are always going to lie and make promises they can't keep. Yes or No at least tells you where they stand without all the BS they're gonna feed you.

10. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

1. Beer, scotch or bourbon?

2. Side-by-side, over-and-under, auto loader or pump shotgun for upland birds?

3. Who — living or dead — would best play you in a movie?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

1. You have time to rescue either your youngest child or wife from a burning car. What do you do?

2. Spare the rod and spoil the child. Agree?

3. What is something you did as a teen that your parents still don't know about?

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

That first one's a sumbitch. And I have neither wife nor youngest child.

Draft saved Draft deleted