1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3 Questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was eating at Appleby's and for whatever reason I started to think about that Rolling Stone article leading up to Election '92, when Wenner, O'Rourke, some other bigwig journo I can't remember, and Hunter Thompson interviewed Bubba in the back of an Arkansas restaurant. How cool that must have been. I read a lot of mags and try to slog through prez profiles but they usually are the same, some written better than others and insightful and colorful, but I never walk away thinking I know the candidate's personality any better.

Made me wonder what 3 questions I'd ask a candidate, like Obama or Huckabee or Richardson, if I had a chance to be part of a journalistic Algonquin Round Table.

• what is your favorite memory of the 4th grade?

• it's Game 7 of the World Series, 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th inning, the bases are loaded, and the score is 5-2 — do you want to be the batter, or do you want to be the pitcher? Why?

• Van Halen with David Lee Roth or with Sammy Hagar? Why?

What are your 3 questions?

2. Flash

Flash Guest

1. I don't have one.
    2. The batter. I'm clutch, baby.
    3. DLR ... it's all about the show.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought this was going to be about my name, my favorite color and the wingspan of a sparrow.

4. Songbird

1. Welcome back, sweetie.
    2. I'd strike your ass out on 3 pitches.
    3. That's why I love you, too.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

1. Thank you.
    2. Bullshit. I'm taking you yard.
    3. Diamond Dave til I die.

6. Songbird

1. Anytime.
    2. You don't even get wood on the ball.
    3. I don't feel tardy.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think Songbird is wondering what our three questions would be. Mine:

1. If you had to give up one, who would you give up: Your spouse, your mother or your campaign manager?
    2. What are your rivals correct about?
    3. Would the U.S. start withdrawing from Iraq within your first 100 days in office?

8. Songbird

Yeah, dooley, I must've left that question off the end. Except I would've also added that none of the questions can be about policy or war or shit like that; questions that makes them bear a piece of their soul because we can wade through the rest of their bullshit.

I love your first question, though I reckon every candidate would probably say his/her manager.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

1. What's your biggest mistake?
    2. What are you most proud of?
    3. For a Dem: What government program doesn't work? For a GOPer: What government program works?

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

1. How would you define feminism?
    2. What are the three books that have changed your life?
    3. For GOP: If you believe abortion and/or gay marriage should be illegal, how much prison time would you assign to those who break those laws?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I like your second question, but I would add the qualifier that the person CAN'T use the Bible (or Koran, or Torah, etc.) as one of their choices.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Ah, good point, because those are always the fallback "right" answers.

Draft saved Draft deleted