1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3 point shooting dude??

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BujuBanton, Oct 8, 2007.

1. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

Hey does anyone remember the special education kid that hit all those three's at the end of a prep basketball game recently? I'm doing a column and I can't find anything on him without more info. Thanks

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I know he was autistic, not mentally retarded.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Jason McElwain.

http://miracleshot.blogspot.com/

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Not a criticism, just a note: Almost everything on that page has expired.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not all special education students are mentally retarded. In fact, I'd bet a majority are not. There are a variety of conditions that can qualify a child for special education, including autism.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I didn't actually open the page, just found it through The Google. My bad.

SC - Good point. I just figured if the thread-starter knew he was autistic it would be easier to do google searches.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

8. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

Thanks for the help folks, gotta love this site. By the way I never said anything about retarded, it was a special ed student that played like six downs of 8 man football the other night.

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

If there were six downs in an 8-man football game, does that mean the officiating crew was retarded?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I know you didn't. I was talking to Angola.

11. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Google News archive search of Jason McElwain:

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=%22Jason+McElwain%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Search+Archives

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

David Muir from ABC News did a piece on him for World News Tonight. Either go to ABC News and look to the webcasts to see the piece, or even key it in Yahoo. It was an excellent piece.

Draft saved Draft deleted