1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3 more Yosemite deaths: Water makes people so stupid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The park should be sued, yes, because when you climb over the railing, there were no barrels provided to go down the falls like it's the freakin' Matterhorn at Disneyland.

Sorry, not a lot of sympathy for these morons. Yes, the water looks cool and all, but stay the hell out. We've had deaths on the whitewater out here this year -- even by those on guided trips.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ryan Dunn doesn't see the problem here.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

"I wanted to touch beauty..."
    Ay yi yi

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In a world in which most downhill skiing is a frank invite to serious injury, to even contemplate
    this kind of nonsense indicates a degree of naivete which astounds.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Okay, I'm going to admit my own stupidity here (shocking, I know).

There's a park about 45 minutes from my house that I jump the railing and hike down the waterfall. It's not whitewater, and I only do it in the late summer when the rocks aren't slippery and the water is down to a trickle. I really could get seriously hurt, but if it looks to dangerous and I can't get a good foothold I won't do it.

Those people are morons. Honestly, what do you think would happen? Here's a thought, if you really want to go swimming go at the bottom of the waterfall.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

J.J. McClure wanted to touch Beauty so much, he kidnapped her and then he and Captain Chaos drove her cross-country to California.

[​IMG]

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sad thing is they probably will be sued. And will settle and pay a ridiculous sum of money to the families of these idiots.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted