1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3/19 South Park

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Agreed.

This one sucked... Hard!

2. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Yeah, but those idiots enable the paparazzi. You rarely see paparazzi photos of Tom Hanks or Will Smith or Julia Roberts. It's people like Britney Spears who constantly do dumb crap in public that get bombarded by photographers. Hell, Britney was giving her daily itenerary to paparazzi photographers...she was even sleeping with one of them.
    Now, you can make the argument that Britney is mentally ill and/or has a substance abuse problem and that's causing her to do strange things in public and crave attention. But it isn't like all these mean people started following this young woman around for no good reason.....

3. Some celebrities do have a way of always getting in front of the paparazzi's cameras, and so they definitely encourage the constant harassment that comes with that. I'm thinking of the Spears and Hiltons of the world, who then turn around and complain as soon as the crush becomes too much, or it chronicles something bad occurring to them. Sorry, but it doesn't work both ways.

Still, there is no doubt the paparazzi has gotten more brazen in recent years. A show like the TMZ program, which I can barely stomach more than a minute of, would never have been on the air 10-20 years ago.

4. tommyp

tommyp Member

Damn...I think I must be the only one to rank this in the Top 10 of all-time. Britney walking down the street with Stan without a head and the media still focuses on camel toe?

If anything, a hilarious scathing indictment on the priorities of today's media.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I agree that it was an indictment on the media's and public's infatuation with celebrity over real issues. However, in no way was this a Top Ten episode.

6. tommyp

tommyp Member

Have to say HB, I was laughing pretty much solidly during the first 20 minutes. The last 10 were kind of a downer, though.

7. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Exactly how I saw it as well.

Plus, Stan's dad's reaction to the breaking "Britney Watch" coverage was solid.

Draft saved Draft deleted