1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3:10 to Yuma

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Googlaw, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Holy shit, this movie was great.

I'd easily put it up with some of the best modern Westerns. Crowe really made up for that piece of shit called The Quick and the Dead.

It's so good, I've promised to suffer through Hairspray for the wife next weekend.

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I thought Silverado was a lot of fun back in the day. A sprawling modern Western and another Kasdan ensemble flick.

Tombstone was real fine, as was Pale Rider.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Agreed.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Great movie. Afterward I was talking with my friend who saw it with me and neither of us could think of a single reason to not like it.

Honestly, I'll see anything Christian Bale is in. After 2002 (who can forget Reign of Fire!?) everything he's made has been solid. Equilibrium aside - which was just fun - he's money.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ending was one of those times that make you glad they went against the grain. I was figuring that by the 3:10 to Yuma they'd go all formulaic and shit. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The ending really bugged the boy, but I thought it was brilliant. I generally avoid Russell Crowe movies, although I have no idea why. Every movie of his I've seen I've liked. They just tend to be weighty, I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted