1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3:10 to Yuma

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Googlaw, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

Anybody seen it? I'd like to make time for it this weekend, but wanted to see if anyone on here had seen it first.

2. haven't seen it yet, but i agree with you--this looks good and the mrs and i are going to try to see it this weekend for sure.

p.s. there is a gangster movie with russell crow and denzel washington coming out later in the year that looks amazing too--

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

American Gangster.

It may be another Godfather or the most overhyped movie since Snakes.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Not really big into westerns, but 3:10 to Yuma does look interesting.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hate Westerns, but I'll be seeing this one...

Has Russell Crowe ever made a bad movie? While Virtuosity wasn't the best, Crowe was outstanding in it...

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is a remake of a 50's movie, based on a novel by Elmore Leonard who started off writing Westerns before his small-time-hoodlum novels.

I'm going to see it and I'm with Mizzou--don't care much for Westerns but Crowe will pretty much guarantee me buying a ticket. He's also in American Gangster coming out in November.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What's to hate about Westerns -- you buncha lily livered varmints?

8. Mizzougrad96

I like most Eastwood westerns and I loved Tombstone and Wyatt Earp, but typically they bore me...

9. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

10. Mizzougrad96

I never saw "A Good Year" but the people on IMDB gave it almost a 7 out of 10 rating... That's pretty respectable...

If that's the worst movie he's done since becoming a star, he's doing pretty damn well...

"Proof of Life" is incredibly underrated... It got a lot of bad pub because Meg Ryan dumped Dennis Quaid for him while filming and then Crowe dumped her a few months later, but it was a pretty impressive film...

"The Insider" is one of my favorite movies ever, and it might be my favorite journalism film ever...

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've got to say it ... Gladiator sucks.

I'm interested in 3:10 to Yuma, if nothing else than it might revive the tough, Peckinpah-ish wing of westerns that died out in the mid 80s.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

That movie set in Tuscany supposedly stunk.

Draft saved Draft deleted