1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3.0M vs. 1.5M

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, May 17, 2007.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

OK, I know little about my internets as far as how to get on them. I know I pay the bill, the lights on the cable modem flash and I access sj.

But my evil, piece-of-shit cable company, the worst corporation in all the world, Charter, has doubled my rates for cable internet access. I've done a bunch of research on the topic, and apparently I live in a black hole, where my only options for internet access are shithole dickface Charter and Netzero, but Netzero only offers 1.5M up (whatever that means), versus the 3.0 I get with Fuckingcocksuckers Charter.

How much slower is that, really, to move from 3.0 to 1.5? Would I notice it?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Charter is no Cablevision.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

No DSL available in this area. We called several in the area, and they all said they don't service the area where I live.

Like I said, we seem to be in a black hole, where it's Bunchafuckinbastards Charter, or Netzero.

4. gospringboks

gospringboks Member

Unless you download a lot of songs and movies and stuff, nah, it won't make a huge difference.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It is your speed. So, it cuts your speed in half.

Here is another alternative you might want to look into: Starband

They are a satellite internet provider. I have had some experience with them. They aren't terrible but they aren't great, at least in my area. My review for them would be similar to those that review satellite television.

6. check clearwire.

You could also look into getting a broadband wireless card from verizon or sprint or the like. They are like $60 a month and (if you have a laptop), you get access basically anywhere you get cell phone reception.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

So, tell us what you think of Charter?

Draft saved Draft deleted