1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3,000 - For that, I thank you!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well, made it to 3,000 at last. Most of the last year and four months were spent on the Random Thoughts thread for me. It's what got me posting on here so much and I met and talked to a lot of great people that way.

Along the way, those threads died, but new ones took their place (see Open Letters and Post a Song threads).

Just going to thank a few people here for being so damn nice and making me smile and laugh during and after a shitty day at work!

Tom Petty - Wow, dude, you've got cohones my friend. But, me and you have shared some drunken nights on here (at least I was drunk) and we've had some damn good conversations. For that I thank you!

sxysprtswrtr - We probably know the most about each other on here. Dont' worry, any secrets are safe with me :D ALways nice meeting cool and new people and that sums you up to a tee! You always check in on me and it's much appreciated. For that I thank you!

hockeybeat - Yours is the only voice of SportsJournalists.com that I've heard that I don't already know personally. It was an unexpected and pleasant call. May our Rangers lift Lord Stanley's Cup. And death to the Flyers! You've been a good listener and you also always check up on me. For that, I thank you!

Angola! - Although you are flawed by being a Yankees fan ( :D ) you are one kick-ass dude. I know we've spent many a drunken night on the old Random Thoughts thread. It was much needed stress relief. For that, I thank you!

Songbird and Flash - Your compassion for others is incredible. Thanks for your kind words in the face of recent tragedy with my friends. If you need a shoulder, I'm here and that's why I thank you!

KySportsWriter - Me and you are a lot a like in many ways my friend. Keep up the good fight as you always do and never let them get you down! You are a good person, and for that, I thank you!

A few other quick ones:

* - Thanks for everyone making a noob feel welcome back in May 2006 when I signed up for the first time. I was lurking much back then.

* - Thanks for giving me a whole new vocabulary to throw at people. (See, SportsJournalists.com style guide).

* - Thanks for some of the funniest moments I've had. Particularly a couple of threads that were sidesplitters from Page 1 until the end!

* - Thanks for being smartasses when you had to be, assholes when you had to be and standup people when you had to be.

* - Thanks to Webby and Moddy for putting up with all of us. You are indeed a patient lot.

And lastly, thanks to everyone who has listened, given advice and helped out when things got bad. There are too many to name!

It's all been very fucking appreciated!

Looking forward to No. 4,000!

Tommy_D

PS: Here's a youtube vid on the Gumball Rally 3000 - appropos of the thread title.

Edit: Wow, nevermind. I didn't even post the vid. LOL. I'll do it when I get home.

Edit: Here's the video! Check it out!

2. 3K!
    WAY TO MOVE, DREAMER.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

tommy - consider yourself hugged.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Another hug for Tommy!

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well gladly, flash. oh, you meant him ... damn.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Congrats pal!

A gift that I know you'll appreciate:

[​IMG]

7. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Is this the new yearbook thread?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Don't ever change, Tommy!

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I thought maybe the Marlins finally got 3,000 live bodies in the seats this week.

10. healingman

healingman Guest

Tommy Dreamer! (Alhambra fans stand up and offer a standing 'O' ... even the "hat guy") ...

And yeah, some on here may not get the references ... but I hope you do. And it's sent to you with congrats on 3K. Mind you, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Have a wonderful, grace-filled day bro.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh, I'm pretty sure I have one for you here, too.

12. Ahh, 3,000, those were the days. What memories. Congrats, Tommy, and enjoy it.

Draft saved Draft deleted