1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2nd Southwest passenger told to cover-up/put-it-on

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As a former, and probably future, SWA passenger I'd say Carolla's got a hell of a point. SWA has become the airline equivalent of Greyhound in terms of its primary demographic.

It wouldn't surprise me if somebody did some digging and discovered that SWA issued some sort of memo telling flight attendants and gate agents to crack down on passengers dressed inappropriately. Except the SWA higher-ups were targeting the hairy, freeballing guy in a wife-beater and the morbidly obese woman in a tube top and mini skirt.

Instead a couple of overzealous stewardi went after marginally attractive little college girls with store-bought tits and short skirts and it blew up in their face.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Especially in these times, I understand the need to keep order on an airplane, but it seems like I've been hearing way too many stories about people getting kicked off planes for the most petty reasons imaginable.
    Meanwhile, I've encountered more than a few flight attendants who seem to think they don't have to be nice to you because if you even look at them the wrong way, they can have you arrested.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's not a coincidence. stewardi know that if act the least bit displeased with their Stalag 13-like treatment of you they can retaliate by turning you in to TSA. That's why I don't shed a tear when I hear stories about flight attendants who claim they've been harrassed by TSA agents at security checkpoints. They deserve it.

There are very few pleasant people working in the airline industry.

Draft saved Draft deleted