1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This doesn't entail me dressing as Little Bo Peep, does it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

OK, I'm one of the biggest Fletch fans around. Seen it a hundred times or more. Love it. It's everything comedy is about. Chevy Chase was brilliant. Probably his last good movie. Fletch Lives had its moments, but was sub-par to the original Fletch.

Now I see this tidbit. I don't know, but is it really necessary? Can't we leave beautiful enough alone?

2. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

If I'm not mistaken, weren't Jason Lee and Kevin Smith supposed to be doing this revival. I would have rather seen them do this, but I enjoy Scrubs too. So we'll see what happens.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Xan, I've never seen that movie, but would pay good money to see you dressed as Little Bo Peep... ;D

4. Songbird

There are pix floating around of me dressed as a woman during my Bennington days, for a Halloween contest at a bar. I won $200 because it was so damn believable. A woman got drunk and started hitting on me. Yes, a woman. We macked in the corner for a while til I got a hard-on, then she freaked and ran out of the bar.

But I'll dress up as Little Bo Peep for you Cadet. Meet you on Picacho Street?

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard Jason Lee, but Smith was at one time considering it. Braff was on board as long as Smith was at the helm but once Smith backed out, Braff cooled.

6. I like Zach Braff, but if they're going to do this, Ryan Reynolds (Van Wilder, among other shows/movies) would be perfect. Same mannerisms, and even looks like a younger Chevy Chase.

Also engaged to Alanis Morrisette, I think.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

This guy sure hates Fletch; I couldn't disagree more: http://www.slate.com/id/2166941/fr/rss/

"As a movie, Fletch is all but unwatchably bad."

8. Songbird

With all due respect to his opinion, that reviewer is an idiot.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fletch is CC's towering cinematic monument. He was useful in Caddyshack . . . irreplacable, here.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Indeed. There are so many little things in that movie that are hysterical -- like his reaction after hitting the Mercedes with his tennis racket. It only lasts a second, but it's wonderful.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

man, I saw this thread on the main board and wondered "why is john dressing as bo peep?"
    Thank god it was something else...

and yeah, he kinda peaked at Fletch... tho Springsteen's ex in the sequel was demonstrably hot...

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Are you looking in my window? What I do on my own time is my business.

Don't make me get a restraining order.

Draft saved Draft deleted