1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music of the moment (automotive division)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pallister, Jul 1, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Getting ready for vacation and filling up my mini CD case for the thousands of miles I'll be driving so I was curious what other people have in their vehicles right now that they're listening to.

Here's my traveling 10 at the moment:
    *The Byrds, Sweethheart of the Rodeo
    *Charlie Daniels, Super Hits
    *Drive-By Truckers, The Dirty South
    *Government Mule, Live in Milwaukee
    *Jethro Tull, Aqualung
    *Mad Season, Above
    *Old 97s, Early Tracks
    *Rush, 2112
    *Son Volt, Trace
    *Frank Zappa, Apostrophe/Overnite Sensation

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

XM Radio.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Peter Gabriel - Hit
    Steve Hackett - The Unauthorised Biography
    Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings
    Genesis - Duke
    Rush - Counterparts

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ding, ding, ding end of thread.

XM is like the world's greatest mix CD x 10,000. Or maybe 100,000.

You can whip up all the mix CDs you like, but there's nothing quite like hearing an old obscure favorite out of nowhere on one of the XMs.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I have XM radio, too, but I quickly get bored with it. At this point, I just see it as regular radio, only with many, many, many more songs I don't want to listen to. And before you ask, I have it to listen to baseball games.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

THANK GOD I AM NOT THE LONE VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS!

Only without the baseball thing.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes, there's two complete idiots on the site. :D [/violent defender of satellite radio]

To each his or her own, but man, it boggles my mind how I lasted 32 years and three months without satellite radio.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I get your points, IJAG and BYH, but I have enough CDs that I want and like and spent my money on and places to play them and all that jazz (or progressive rock or Motown or pop or whatever ... :D).

I've been on road trips with friends who had them. I wasn't overwhelmed. It didn't suck, but I didn't see the point for myself.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

BYH, I've often wondered how you've lived this long as well. But that's more for your general incompetence. :)

10. pallister

pallister Guest

A threadjack from the first reply. :(

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I found a 2-CD set of the best of Dave Edmunds.  Nothing beats driving fast and listening to that really loud. Except driving really fast and listening to "La Nozze di Figaro" with Hermann Prey and Mirella Freni.

But that may not be for everbody.  ;)

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I beg your pardon.

You asked a question -- I gave a response. I don't keep CDs in the car anymore. I offered no other commentary on the matter, either. If I'd said "XM radio -- CDs suck" then you could make the argument that it was a threadjack. But I didn't. I just told you what I was listening to on long trips such as the one you're about to undertake.

Draft saved Draft deleted