1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

28? You're over the hill.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At least that's what a new study says ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1162052/Old-age-begins-27--scientists-claim-new-research.html

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Woohoo. I've got 10 more months of peak mental abilities!

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I agree. All us over-30 types have had a much harder time in flight school than the young punks.

Sure, I'm more mature and disciplined, but it's just harder to learn it seems.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I find myself frequently mixing up names when talking. You know how your grandmother will have to drop five of her grandson's names before she gets to yours. Well, now here I am hanging onto my 30s for dear life and saying the wrong names for people or places before I can actually spit out the one I want. While doing this I am actually thinking that I am saying the wrong names and am just like my grandmother.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. No you don't. And if you do, the next 50 years will be a trip.

6. Do that with my dogs all the time. And the grandmother comparison is spot-on. I used to think my grandmother was batshit senile when I was a kid and she's be like Ed... uh, Brian, uh ... Greg ... uh, Waylon!

7. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

That was my grandmother to a tee. Are you one of my cousins?

Of course, being the fourth of five grandsons (and the seventh of eight grankids overall) I kind of came to expect it. I'm just glad she never got me mixed up with any of the girls.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn, I thought I wouldn't be over the hill for another 14 months -- when I turned 30. Shit.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Damn, I've really lost it then.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Dadgum. I did NOT need to read this on the morning of my 40th birthday.

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Happy birthday! I'd say you're old, but I guess that's been established by this thread.

But it's better than ancient.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I think it's been proven time and time again that the younger you are the easier it is to learn things......I hope that isn't confused with the acquisition of wisdom, however, which can take some time.

Draft saved Draft deleted