1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

27 years ago tomorrow(Tues.Nov.27)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Nov 26, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

For about 15 years now.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Julia Duffy was way hot. [/sorta connected to this]

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nah . . . a younger Guiliani.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

They had to be married a little longer than that. I thought they got hitched after they did "Doctor Detroit" (He starred and she was one of the "working girls" on the movie).

Thanks, Joe. Everytime I think of Bosom Buddies, "My Life" is the first thing that comes to my mind. Joel's song was also used for a CBS special around that time (late 70's/early 80's). All I remember is that the special primetime program was about sex and the host was Linda Gray.

I don't know how I can recall little insignificant stuff like this, but being a toddler was good times.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Odd, considering NBC re-ran Jay Leno's 1992 Tonight Show interview with Tom Hanks last night. He was pimping "A League of Their Own," and Branford was the bandleader. Good times.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

...and Carson Daly flipped the bird at the writers on strike and said the show must go on...

How soon is it before CBS starts showing reruns of Bud Mehlman on Letterman?

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The other TV show was Dave's World (or something like that) about Dave Barry starring Harry Anderson as Dave Barry.
    The theme song was Billy Joel's "You May Be Right", sung by Southside Johnny.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

uggh, really?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, because if your wife looked like that at 50 you'd be horrified.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

reread the thread then you'll know why i posted that response.

Draft saved Draft deleted