1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

27 Dresses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There are only two ways I would see this movie in theaters...

1. My wife chooses it on date night.
    2. I find out Heigl gets naked...

2. I was on a flight once without a book, and so I decided to watch Failure to Launch. Halfway through, I decided staring at the back of people's heads was a better use of my time.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm with you, Mizzou. The only way I'd see it is on a date. So I won't be seeing this flick any time soon.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

...what Mike won't be seeing on his floor for 27 consecutive days.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd rather count hair, too.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Unless I decide to take out my spring wardrobe.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I will be seeing Fool's Gold when it comes out...

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've liked most of McConaughey's films, even the ones that the critics hated...

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Interestingly, 27 Dresses was one of the two choices left to me yesterday afternoon after it was decided that Charlie Wilson's War would be too violent/depraved for the kids. I chose Door No. 2, instead -- Mad Money.

Mad Money was terrible. From yesterday afternoon until reading through this thread I had felt certain I'd made the wrong choice. I mean, what could be worse than a chick heist movie, right? But evidently 27 Dresses sucks even worse.

The only good news is that I finished reading Charlie Wilson's War on the way to work this morning, thereby eliminating the dilemma of seeing the movie before finishing the book.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

What sold me on it was the trailer and the use of The Police's song SOS.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

January is the best month to see movies as long as you didn't see any movies that came out in December.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Charlie Wilson's war isn't really depraved (any more so than politics as usual) or violent. Not a kids movie regardless.

Draft saved Draft deleted