1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"25th hour" on e-mystery now!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, May 13, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

the best of all spike lee films, inho. tremendous. even tony siragusa was okay. and rosario dawson at her most gorgeous. 8) 8) 8)

cast, besides siragusa and dawson:

edward norton
    phillip seymour hoffman
    brian cox
    barry pepper
    anna paquin

2. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

That's interesting - I consider it Norton's worst film (umm, besides Death to Smoochy, which I don't even really acknowledge.)

The direction is pretty good, but I just can't handle the plot.

I'm a much bigger fan of Lee's Inside Man.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

interesting, back at ya. couldn't disagree more. that's what makes horse racing. ;) ;) ;)

4. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

"Where you going? Come back. I make you half black, half Russian baby. You look like Hallie Berry, they tell you dis?"

5. I like some of 25th Hour a lot.
    I like all of Inside Man a lot.
    And I don't like either of them as much as I like Clockers, 3 Little Girls, o Do The Right Thing.
    Man's got chops.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

"funny you should say that!" ;D ;D ;D

7. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I love 25th Hour and I actually found Death to Smoochy oddly amusing.

8. I can honestly say that you are the first person I ever heard to talk about that movie as anything less than the depths of suckitude.
    I know more people who like Ishtar.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

agreed. i meant no disrespect to lee's other works. i'm a fan. i just like "25th hour" the most. maybe 'cause i missed any buzz when it first came out and found it to be an unexpectedly powerful film when i channel-surfed onto it about a year or so ago. 8) 8) 8)

10. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Siragusa is God-fucking-awful in this, with his fake-ass Russian accent. Awful!

Great film though. Great ending.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

guess i was expecting him to be soooo awful that i thought he wasn't half-bad. :eek: :eek: :eek:

12. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

I can understand that, shock. But I'm guessing if he wasn't an NFL player/TV analyst, and just a fat actor, his audition wouldn't have lasted long.

Plus, if he was so good ... why haven't I seen him in anything else? (other than the Sopranos, which, at that point in the series, had killed off every other fat Italian actor available)

Draft saved Draft deleted