1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KingOfBedsideManor, Nov 2, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Just turned 25 this year. It was interesting, but not depressing, to realize that from now on I'd be closer to 30 than I was to 20. My 20th year feels like a lifetime ago. Like a different person was living that life.

I have no idea how 30 is going to feel, but I imagine 25 will feel like a lifetime ago when I get there, too.

Should be fun.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Am I where I wanted to be at 25 (just turned the quarter mark in June)? No.

Is that a bad thing? Not at all.

My priorities changed a great deal between 22 (college grad) and 25. Instead of being at a certain type of paper covering a certain level of sports and making a certain amount much, I'm living with the girl of my dreams, am in better health and still working in my chosen profession.

So what if I can't afford to replace my bald tires and have to deal with high school parents? I still wouldn't change the direction my life has gone.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

Want to know when you officially become "grown up."
    It's any one of these three.
    a) you become a parent
    b) you get a colonscopy
    c) hair grows in your ears
    Until any of those happens, enjoy your youth.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I've got A and C.

Jones' "My Colon" thread has me convinced I never want to experience B.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm 38, but I feel great and I look good, if not great. Gray nose hairs and big ol' fuckin' wiry ear hairs are a bit humiliatin', I must admit. Just noticed my first gray chest hair recently. Not considering myself old until the nether regions start to go gray. Thanks to a merciful God, that hasn't begun yet.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Nasal-hair trimmers are a must. No gray nose hairs to deal with.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

My nose-hair trimmer is easily my favorite household appliance.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As Aaliyah sang, age ain't nuthin' but a number. That's especially true when you're hanging out with R. Kelly.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Happy Bday to both...

I try not to set long-term goals, to me, if you're not there it either makes you miserable that you didn't reach it even if it was an unrealistic goal to begin with or in order to reach to goal, you might lose track of things in front of you and let them suffer.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

happy 25th b-day.

i was spoiled at 25. already had everything i could ever want in this biz: a full-time sportswriting gig at a major metro, good salary, a cool car, hot girlfriend. the 25 years since have been darn good, too -- beautiful wife, three terrific sons, great friends.
    geez, sorry to not be whining, but i've been blessed except for some personal health issues. i don't let those get me down, either, knowing how good i have had it overall. if the next 25 years come close to matching the first 50, well, lucky me, indeed. 8) 8) 8)

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

But won't you be gone by then?

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, don't mess with my bud spnited, kiddo. he's got chunks of whippersnappers like you in his stool. ;D ;D ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted