1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KingOfBedsideManor, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

When I hit 25, it made 30 feel so close. A year later, eh, whatever. 30 will happen in four years and I'll deal with it then ... hell, I might even wait a year and pretend 30 is close enough to my 20s that I can wait until 31 to deal with 30.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

30 wasn't rough. I found it pretty exciting. 35 was.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Had just moved to New England a few weeks before 25. I had done a lot in terms of the business, traveling for work and leisure. In the 11 years since I've done even more. If I were to die tomorrow, I think I've done enough to be satisfied.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Most of my guy friends have had big problems with turning 30 and for the same reason you mentioned at 25. It was like at 30 they felt the booze, the women and the road racing being forced into some deep, dark basement, much like a jack being pushed back into his box.

Happy Birthday KOBM.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I turn 30 today.

Got a wife who loves (and understands) me, two little boys who think I'm king of the world, a house that's comfortable and a dog that curls up at my feet when I watch television.

I've also got my health.

Far as I'm concerned, I'm doing A-OK in this world.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Happy birthday, OTR.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, but start saving up to buy me that 6'er of Red Bull :D

Have a great one.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Happy 30th, OTR. Save a comfy seat for me; I'll be joining you in a few months. :)

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Thanks, folks.

And just because the Pacers won at home against the Wizards ... well, that's no reason to get your hopes up, Xan.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The whole time I was waiting for the picture to load, I was thinking ... "Please be a naked woman, please be a naked woman ... "

Eh well.

Thanks for the thought!

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, and great perspective.

12. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted