1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KingOfBedsideManor, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

This is pretty much where I was at 25:

[​IMG]

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Shuddup all ya under 25 youngins. Go out and drown your sorrows in more beers than I've had in the last six months. :mad: ;D

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Like Slappy and Spnited said - I've got (concert) t-shirts older than you (and I'm only 38)
    Enjoy your 20s. Don't sweat the small stuff about not reaching goals for when you reach 25.

4. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Hell, I'm 63 and STILL haven't reached my 25 goal!

5. You can vote, drink and you got your insurance discount.
    It's all downhill from there.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And if he uses Enterprise, chicks will dig him when he goes to his 10 year reunion...

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

But only if he rents a cool car... and he doesn't even have to worry about the chicks seeing the Enterprise sticker on the back of the car.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's the one thing I'm looking most forward to about turning 25 -- in four months.

I actually made a list of things to accomplish by the time I was 26, and I've made it on some levels and not close on others. I think no matter how old you are, goals are a great thing to set. But I wouldn't get down about not accomplishing them. Four out of eight isn't bad at all, in my opinion.

Anyway ... happy birthday, sir.

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

When I turned 25, my brother went on and on about it being a QUARTER of a century. Eight years later, it was a THIRD. This year, I'm not answering the phone. No more fractions.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I thought 25 was a big deal. I was sort of depressed that, at 25, I was a year away from completing my degree and therefore starting about three or four years behind most of my peers.

At 29, I realize 25 wasn't shit. Didn't matter a lick. If you're worried about what you've accomplished before your 25th birthday, you've got about 40 to 50 looooong, worrisome years ahead. If you want to set personal goals, that's great, but don't tie them to age milestones, or else you're just setting yourself up for a letdown.

Relax, enjoy your (relative) youth and be the best you can be today. Things will fall into place.

Happy birthday, young man.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

At 25, my father had just died and I packed everything I owned into a Sunbird and moved to the other side of the country.

And I am a completely different person now than I was then.

Prepare for change. Knowledge is a wonderful, scary, amazing, cruel thing.

12. So, thanks for the birthday wishes, and for the record, I wasn't moping about turning 25 (I was DEFINITELY moping 12 months ago). I just thought it might be an interesting milestone-type age to consider. No surprises on this thread, of course, other than most of you people being really good folk.

Draft saved Draft deleted