1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KingOfBedsideManor, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Last year, about a week after my 24th birthday, I made a list of some things I wanted to accomplish before I made it to 25. It was about 50 percent being down in the dumps about general life stuff, and 50 percent attributing superficial significance to what is really just another day in the life. I looked at the list last night, and I've done pretty well, gotten four of the eight things done. Most of them were the big things (new job, new car, new home, meet someone). But there were still some I haven't even come close on (go to Ireland and/or England). Anyway, the reasons for this thread I guess are twofold. The selfish (honest) one is probably to draw attention to it being my birthday, but the more interesting one is this: Those of you who have reached the quarter-century mark, how have you done? Were you where you wanted to be at 25? Close? Where did you want to go from there? Are you on that road?

Feel free to shout down this thread, I can think of a few that will, but I thought I'd start a discussion that didn't necessarily have to be cynical, or about sports.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Behind where I wanted to be at 25, to be honest, and still far behind four years later.

Happy birthday, man.

3. Cracker

Cracker Guest

My life was a train wreck at 25. Doing much better at 29. Still could do a lot better.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Enjoy your new insurance discount, you old bastard.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

All the hot teenage girls will now flirt with you b/c you can rent a car. Congrats!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I got clothes older than you...

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

One of my absolute beliefs is that no one should make major decisions (marriage, children) until they are at least 29 or 30. People change so much in their 20s, they come out completely different on the other end. At any point in my life I could look back a few years and laugh at what an absolute moron I was, and only when I got into my 30s did that stop being the case.

It's great that you have good things in your life at 25, KOBM. Enjoy them, and realize you're going to get a lot smarter in the next few years.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

Happy B-Day, KOBM

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good God, you people act like 25 is getting old...like Slappy said, T-shirts older than you.
    Come back when you grow up.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You need to have someone check your meds. You've been about 40 percent more crotchety than usual lately.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'll let you know when I get there ya geezer!
    Happy B-day

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not going to lie, when I turned 25, it really bothered me... I think it's kind of the point where you're no longer a kid and for whatever reason, that kind of hit me in a strange way... In hindsight, it seems idiotic, but that's the way I felt at the time...

Nine years later, the birthdays don't bother me at all...

Draft saved Draft deleted