1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

25 Things

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jan 30, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Random ones from my FB one, which is now somewhat outdated...

7. I am the lowest common denominator. Just so you know. If it's pap, I probably love it.

11. I don't believe in moderation. You'll rarely hear me be middle-of-the-road on anything. I love, and I hate. I'm ambivalent about little.

18. The one place I'd like to go to that I probably never will is Australia.

24. Regardless of my mood, a gathering of animals (zoo, aquarium, petting area, Sea World) will always make me happy.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I'll join the sheep and post a snippet from mine...

1. My cat can fetch.

12. A year ago I wouldn't have guessed a need for ever becoming a Marriott Rewards member.

18. I spent the better part of two years in college going to raves and dressing up in Rainbow Brite and Care Bears garb. I never tried "raver drugs."

24. I have driven a stick-shift twice in my life. Once in a parking lot in Eugene and once from Berkeley, Calif., to Eugene, Ore.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Building on a trend, excerpts from Facebook:

2. I've never lived in a place where there wasn't a large body of water nearby -- 2 lakes, 2 oceans, 1 Gulf -- and I don't ever want to. Water brings me peace and makes me happy.

3. I'm a fish -- a Pisces -- but I can barely swim to save my life. I've almost drowned three times.

18. I like to take long drives and get lost, intentionally, because it's fun finding my way back again. I've never been in a maze. A big city is my maze.

23. My interest in research developed after a fifth-grade report I did -- for fun -- on the history of Mexico. I did not get serious about writing until I was 16.

26. The only book I have ever started and not finished is "The Shining." I got 3/4 of the way through it, scared the shit out of myself and haven't picked it up since.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And continuing that trend...

3) My dad was a child actor. He was born in New York, but moved to California when he was 6 and had that "street kid" look about him. He was in the original "Jazz Singer" (the first talkie with Al Jolson) and appeared as an extra in movies with Ethel Barrymore, Janet Gaynor and the cast of the Little Rascals.

4) I was a co-architect of one of the greatest pranks in the history of high school pranks: the infamous Pig's Head at the San Bernardino Del Taco Drive-Thru. This happened after myself and five of my friends took the head from a roast pig consumed at my high school's renaissance fair. We drove around San Bernardino trying to figure out what to do with it when one of my best friends and I simultaneously had this brainstorm. She pulled into the Del Taco we used to go to and we slapped it next to the drive-thru speaker. One of my best friends hung a sign around it reading "Try Our New Pork Burrito." We watched at least five cars drive through and comment on it ("EEEEW GROSS!!!!!" or "I see you met my mother-in-law"" or "I'd like to try your new pork burrito. It looks pretty good...") before the drive-thru order-taker came out, followed by the witch of a manager. We were laughing so hard we barely were able to jump-start my friend's POS of a truck and exit stage left.

14) My cousin, Arnold Shapiro, is an Academy Award-winning producer best known for the documentary "Scared Straight" and producing "Rescue 911" and "Big Brother."

21) I was 132 pounds when I graduated from high school and 142 when I graduated from college. Unfortunately, when I turned 40, the rabbit metabolism stopped and those days of eating 8,000-9,000 calories a day were a faint memory.

22) I once ate 16 tacos in a taco-eating contest when I was a CIT at the Jewish summer camp I attended for eight years. Did I win? Finish second? Uh-uh. Try third. Bu at least I placed there; I ate 25 ribs in five minutes during a rib-eating contest for charity and our team finished 11th out of 16 teams.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

quality stuff.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://www.bspcn.com/2009/02/06/25-things-i-didnt-want-to-know-about-you-on-facebook/

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Smash, I now know what I'm adding to my iPod next.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think that about sums it all up. Thanks for posting.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Even though I_W and Moddy don't agree, I'm posting mine anyway. ;) Straight from FB, since I'm not really creative enough to come up with a new list.

1. I love music. I cannot imagine living in a world without it.
    2. I tend to be rather sarcastic and quite a bitch most of the time.
    3. My favorite food is popcorn.
    4. My favorite alcoholic beverage is beer. My favorite non-alcoholic beverage is Diet Pepsi.
    5. I truly love the act of going out to eat dinner. I like dressing for the restaurant, waiting for the table, pouring over the menu, having an after dinner drink. The entire process is about so much more than just the meal. I like a dinner out that last at least 2 hours, if not more. And I don’t necessarily like fast service. It’s about the experience.
    6. I talk way too much and really don’t feel complete if I am not able to start up at least 3 random conversations with strangers during the course of a day.
    7. I am always right on the edge of insanity.
    8. I love the word “random” and use it many times a day.
    9. I prefer salty foods to sweet foods.
    10. I can’t stand being alone, and that scares me
    11. I do not like to watch horror movies. Even as an adult, they give me nightmares.
    12. I like to scrapbook (though I am a horrible photographer), knit and sew.
    13. I cannot stand to fly. I like the excitement of being at an airport, checking in and all of that. But actually being on the plane, all closed up & stuck in the air really frightens me.
    14. I enjoy watching sports. Most especially football. But basketball and baseball do just fine when football is in the off season.
    15. I grew up liking cats and not dogs. As an adult, I like dogs but not cats.
    16. I love to sleep and think that a daily nap time should be mandatory.
    17. I love to color. But only with real Crayola crayons.
    18. I am very scatterbrained and I have a horrible memory.
    19. I cuss. A lot. And very often. I think that the word “fuck” is quite possibly the best word in the English language.
    20. I love to hug and kiss. Any person I care about gets a hug and a kiss when I say hello and another when I say goodbye. And I believe in always telling them I love them when I say goodbye.
    21. I am very animated when I talk. I have to use my hands, my face, my body, etc. And I mean I do this to excess. Or so I’ve been told.
    22. Even though I’m a fan of the University of Texas, and have various items of clothing, decorations and other memorabilia to show this, I really think that burnt orange is quite frankly the ugliest color I have ever seen.
    23. I procrastinate. To the point that I routinely get in trouble and/or cause greater problems for myself.
    24. My favorite color is green.
    25. I talk about moving, but I truly believe that I will never live in any other state besides Texas.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you're a good addition to this board ... take that, moddy. ;)

11. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

So does this mean we won't be seeing your list?

(ducking)

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't disagree with them or the posting of them. I just don't like them. Doesn't make me a bad person. Or her.
    So there.

Draft saved Draft deleted