1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

25 Things

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jan 30, 2009.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Weak.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

If anyone really wants to know 25 random things about me, they can a) ask or b) friend me on facebook and read my note.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And that's exactly why this has been so popular on Facebook. I've read every one of these damn things posted by my 542 friends (Hi Luggie!).

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

1) I'm really 5-2. I've been lying to all y'all for years.
    2) I downloaded Def Lep's last album. I am obsessed.
    3) I love making lists.
    4) I wear a size 7.5 shoe.
    5) Unless I'm working out, then I wear an 8.5.
    6) No, I really don't know why.
    7) I am not copying this from my facebook
    8) I inherited a cat from grandfather. The cat lived until it was 22.
    9) The last two boyfriends I've had were both older than me. Another thing I lie to y'all about.
    10) I like country music.
    11) I look like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer right now.
    12) I have a massive crush on John Isner. I love guys who are more than a foot taller than me.
    13) The last pair of shoes I bought only have a 1 1/2 inch heel.
    14) Elijah Wood has been on my radar since he was about 10 and in The Good Son.
    15) Yes, I'm creeped out at myself for that.
    16) I don't have as many facebook friends as Cadet claims to have :D
    17) Stan isn't nearly as cool as he seems when he posts on here. He's actually uber-annoying.
    18) If the local TV weather guy texts me again at 9 a.m., I'm going to kill him on air.
    19) I didn't vote for Al Gore.
    20) I didn't vote for George W. Bush either.
    21) I was a Nadar girl.
    22) I like lost causes. It's why I'm a bluer than blue girl in a redder than red state.
    23) I like the Twilight Saga. I'm slightly embarrassed by this.
    24) I liked Phantom Menace.
    25) I know Cable's backstory, and I've posted it on the board, throughly and completely embarrassing myself and impressing all the geeks, I'm sure.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I must admit I've learned some interesting things about some of my friends, though getting tagged 10 times a day is a tad annoying. I do read them. I haven't done one yet and may not. I'm not that interesting. My list would stop at about 3. I may try it today if I can get some things finished early. I won't post it here. All I'll say here is I'm not half the asshole I seem to be, though that still leaves room for being a pretty big asshole.

I am amazed at what people will throw out there about themselves on a public forum. And it IS public - I get lists from friends of friend's friend's friend's friends, people I wouldn't know for shit.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

About to post mine on FB in a minute. No tags. Go read it.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Unlike most of you, it appears, I am amazingly interested and could actually do a really cool 25 Random Things About Me every day for the next six months and still not have sid enough.

I won't do it, though, because I am too busy doing cool things which in theory would one day be added to my nonexistent daily 25 Random Things About Me.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

1. I am the captain of a travel dodgeball team. We have won two state championships, and have been ranked in the top-10 nationally for both indoor and outdoor for the last four years. I also played club dodgeball for my college team. We finished third in the NCAA my senior year.
    2. I was very disappointed when Taco Bell canceled the Tostada.
    3. People have told me I look like Dino Cicarelli, to which I say, WTF? I'm only 23.
    4. I liked the movie Black Sheep more the first time when it was called Tommyboy
    5. I was even more disappointed when Taco Bell brought back the tostada without telling me.
    6. I can ski and snowboard really well and pretty much conquer any hill, but the trick park still makes me its bitch.
    7. A few of my life goals: Make it on Jeopardy, cover the Olympics, run a marathon, go to as many college football stadiums as possible.
    8. In my heydey I could curl 55lb dumbbells with each arm 12x. I am significantly lazier now.
    9. I almost won a sportswriting contest that would have landed me a job writing for FoxSports. I finished in second. Crap.
    10. I was steamed when Taco Bell discontinued the CHeesy Gordita crunch about 6 years ago.
    11. I am afraid of getting struck by lighting.
    12. My first car was a red mustang.
    13. I only buy American. And will always only buy American.
    14. My favorite sport is college football.
    15. Favorite band is the killers.
    16. I think not having a playoff system is killing college football.
    17. I am the slowest free style swimmer in america. But I can beat anybody in backstroke.
    18. I am a really good hurdler.
    19. I was so ticked off when I ordered a cheesy gordita crunch once and Tbell gave me a nacho cheese gordita.
    20. I spent a night in jail once for underage drinking... three months before I turned 21.
    21. I am making the bacon explosion on sunday.
    22. I am having angioplasty surgery monday. j/k
    23. I ran 1,000 miles on summer, and was able to drop my 5k time by about 4 minutes.
    24. Lean pockets are my favorite food.
    25. I think Brad Renfro was great in the client.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

1. My first car was a 1989 Nissan Sentra
    2. I was once arrested and spent four hours in a holding cell because I didn't have my wallet with me after I was pulled over for making an illegal U-turn.
    3. I am rooting for the Cardinals on Sunday.
    4. I was an elite football player in high school and could have played on scholarship at any of the schools that used to form the WAC as well as various other schools.
    5. Tom Coughlin made an in-home recruiting visit to try to get me to play at Boston College. When I told him this when I was covering the NFL years later, he looked like he wanted to punch me.
    6. I have had datelines from 42 different states.
    7. My favorite band is Led Zeppelin.
    8. My favorite movie is Scarface with Reservoir Dogs a close second.
    9. My favorite songs are Paradise City and Over the Hills and Far Away.
    10. My favorite network TV show is House.
    11. My favorite cable TV show is Californication.
    12. I have lived in every time zone in the continental US.
    13. My favorite baseball player growing up was George Brett.
    14. My favorite football player growing up was Joe Montana.
    15. My favorite basketball player growing up was Julius Erving.
    16. I wear a Size 13 shoe.
    17. My favorite fast food joint is Taco Bell, since there are no In N Out Burgers where I live.
    18. Twice during my journalism career I missed a flight because I fell asleep at the gate.
    19. I weigh within 10 pounds of what I did in high school, although it's carried a little differently. ;)
    20. My worst deadline fuckup was filing 45 minutes late because I was in the central time zone and I thought I was still on EST. I've never changed my watch again while traveling.
    21. My first byline in a major paper was when I was a sophomore in high school.
    22. Despite my hatred for the show, I was a guest 12 times on Cold Pizza.
    23. The most excited I've ever been while covering a game was when I met Jim Murray.
    24. If I could meet anyone in the country who is still alive, it would be Howard Stern.
    25. I've saved every press pass I've ever gotten.

10. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Since Diabeetus is just trying to have some fun here, I'll do one of these things, separate from my facebook version.

1. With the exception of people who post by their actual name, I am only aware of the actual identities of a couple people on this board.
    2. I rarely go on the political board here.
    3. I was reading this site daily for several years before I ever wrote a message.
    4. The SportsJournalists.com premiership league was the first fantasy football league I was a part of in which I did not know any other person involved. I was more proud of Hurley's Jumbotron than I should have been.
    5. I spent three year working at a Taco Bell when I was in high school. The cheesy gordita crunch was not around yet, but if it had been, I would have gotten mustangj17's order correct.
    6. Despite working there, I still eat at Taco Bell from time to time.
    7. The first car I owned was a 1980 Mercury Bobcat. I have never really cared much about cars, as long as they get me where I need to go. The Bobcat often did not get me where I needed to go. That car sucked.
    8. I love all kinds of movies. For reasons I can not explain, my favorite is That Thing You Do!, which is not really a good movie.
    9. There are posters on this board who anger me consistently, yet I still read what they post. I usually don't respond.
    10. I miss the grind of putting out a daily paper.
    11. I have worked for daily newspapers, weekly newspapers, the AP, a team publication/Web site, a sports information office and a communications bureau.
    12. I do not work in sports at the moment, but I do help out with the stat crew for the school at which I work now, because I enjoy being involved.
    13. My grandfather was the sports editor of the Providence Journal before I was born. As long as I can remember, my goal was to follow in his footsteps as a sports writer. As far as I am concerned, he was a better writer than I will ever be.
    14. When I re-read things I have posted here or other places, I am shocked and embarrassed at the number of typos and errors I make.
    15. I believe I could make good money playing poker, but to chase that dream would not go over well with my wife. Still, someday I plan to play in the WSOP Main Event.
    16. She is, however, very supportive of me attempting to write my first novel.
    17. I don't know what I will do with the novel once I finish a draft of it (which I plan to complete within a month). I'd like to see it published, but it is also a project I am doing for personal reasons.
    18. I am disappointed in myself that I have started 10 of the first 18 notes about myself with the letter/word "I."
    19. The postings in the current "Lost" thread on this board are all pretty fascinating. Each week, I am amazed at how much stuff I don't pick up on the first time around.
    20. I once got cursed out by an NFL player who thought I was somebody else. This was a player I had met with on a daily basis earlier that same season for a project. Apparently I made a strong impression, since he didn't even know my name.
    21. I think the NFL should be ashamed for the way it is going to slash jobs once the season ends. There just is no need.
    22. I knew I was going to marry my wife the day I met her.
    23. The first time I went to visit my future mother-in-law, I had to ask her for a loan of $150 to pay for a speeding ticket I had just received while driving my future wife's car.
    24. Though I have reasons to root for the Steelers, I hope Arizona wins Sunday.
    25. I really have to go to the bathroom right now.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Good man.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Taco Bell rules.

Draft saved Draft deleted