1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

25 Best & Worst Hair Metal Bands Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 1, 2008.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Bingo. Beyond that, there were some great WASP songs: I Don't Need No Doctor, Blind In Texas, 95-NASTY... and their remake of The Real Me was superb. Moreover, they've always toed that line from heavy metal to thrash metal - they're like Anthrax but not at 240 beats per minute.

And Skid Row's Slave to the Grind had the best collection of power ballads on one album that I'd ever heard in my life: Quicksand Jesus, In A Darkened Room and - probably my favorite of all-time - Wasted Time.

What a clown...

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I wasn't saying that The Cult sucked. I was just mentioning bands as they came into my head. I liked Junkyard too.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I was gonna mention them, but I didn't think anyone would remember them.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Spinal Tap wasn't hear metal. They touched a number of genres. Although "Tonite, I'm Gonna Rock Ya Tonite" was the bes KISS song KISS never wrote.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

What a shaaa-yyyyaaaaaaame.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Technically Blackie Lawless made the list. He was in the New York Dolls at one time. I shit you not.

The following is why WASP does not qualify as hair metal:

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I fucking hated that song... :D

8. Enough people on this board have already rightfully defended Dokken and SKid Row, so I won't mention them.

But if I might add, Y&T was a great friggin' band in its heyday. Worst, my ass.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Summertime Girls should have been a monster hit.

and the (London) Quireboys had one great song: "7 o'clock." That song was outstanding.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in suckasslandia.

11. Sure, OK, Summertime Girls is bubble gum, but the albums "In Rock We Trust" and "Mean Streak" took no prisoners.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in suckasslandia.

Draft saved Draft deleted