1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

25 Best & Worst Hair Metal Bands Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 1, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

The Cult was not a hair band, and yes, "Electric" kicked ass.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It even sucked reading that.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I've "recommended" this song before, but this is a good thread to bring it up again. You HAVE to hear the Vinnie Vincent Invasion's "Animal," which could be the worst song, hair metal or otherwise, of all time. The best/worst part is Vinnie shredding/wanking away at the end, while the rest of the band just stops playing, and Vinnie keeps shredding/wanking until he's faded out, probably by an engineer who thought, "Fuck, I'm not waiting for the end of this shit."

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Chef, the timing of this is freaky, isn't it? :D

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Bullshit that Dokken was one of the worst. Fuck that shit.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm nowhere near an Aerosmith fan, but their inclusion in this is absurd. Nothing metal about it, and certainly nothing hair metal about the band.

And before I clicked on the lists I could easily envision KISS making the top 10 in both.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Isn't it ironic?

Don't ya think?

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Stryper? Anyone?

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Wow, those are some horrible lists. No need to rehash what everyone else has been saying.

I'd just like to add that yes, I am a Shotgun Messiah fan.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This guy sucks giant donkey balls.

You can't rank the best and worst hair metal bands when you don't even know what hair metal is. Jackass! I hope his hair spray catches and fire and burns his fucking face off.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Dude should lose his gig for not being able to separate heavy metal from hair metal.

Even if that just merits a suspension, the inclusion of Loverboy would be cause for termination, and possibly an extended prison term.

And Spinal Tap? WTF?

The best list is an abomination. The worst has a good number of appropriate representatives, including the right one at no 1. in Poison. But, Krokus is a notable omission from the dregs list: clearly top 20 worthy in the worst of all time category.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Poison put out three or four great albums... I've seen Cinderella in concert 13 times, all but one as an opening act. I always liked them. Night Songs was kind of a guilty pleasure, but Long Cold Winter is a really good album that holds up remarkably well.

Draft saved Draft deleted