1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

25 Best & Worst Hair Metal Bands Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 1, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We were talking about this at work about 15 minutes ago.

The list considers GNR a hair metal band.

The list = fail.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Best: KISS with makeup.
    Worst: Tie between KISS without makeup and Def Leppard.

Just kidding, sportschick.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah I was thinking that too.

And VH is not a hair metal band.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

New York Dolls wasn't a hair metal band, either. They were punk.

And Lita Ford isn't a fucking band. This guy is a fucking moron.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

And the Scorpions had a decade of incredible music before their descent into '80s hair metal.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The Winds of Change, they are a'blowin.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

My main issue is calling Ozzy hair metal. There was a late-1980s period when he was sort of glammy, both in photos and on records. But dude's music for the most part didn't sound like hair metal.

Aerosmith was never close to being metal, much less hair metal.

Guns 'n' Roses . . . their music was superior and much more creative than the average hair band. But that band shot on the inside of Appetite for Destruction, as well as photos and videos of them at the time, showed that they were at least cultivating the hair band look in their early days.

The inclusion of Van Halen (who were awesome on their recent tour, by the way) is idiotic. Nothing about them was hair metal. Some of Roth's antics and outfits were glammy, sure. But there is no way they should be categorized with the Poisons of the world.

The Scorpions are another that doesn't belong. Even "Wind of Change" was just a radio-friendly ballad, NOT "hair metal."

They should have shortened the list to 20.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Extreme at no. 3 on the list of worst bands? first of all, they weren't hair metal. Secondly, they had two outstanding albums.

And Skid Row at no. 2? They were ahead of the curve, such as it were, by ditching the aqua and going gritty in the summer of '91.

And Poison is mock-worthy, but the worst hair band of all-time? Not even close.

This guy sucks.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Say what you will of their later efforts, but Skid Row's first album kicked ass.

And BYH, I waited on a line of greens and blues, just to be the next to be with you.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I was wondering where Skid Row was. I love their first album, but it admittedly had some glammy things going. Has this guy heard "Slave to the Grind"? The whole album? Very much a move toward thrash metal.

Nothing hair metal about it.

Dokken as one of the worst?

They should have just had 25 bands.

These Yahoo lists are foolish.

Draft saved Draft deleted