1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Season Finale: WE ARE OUT OF TIME!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 21, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

HAHAHAHAH that is awesome!

JACK BAUER IS IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SUITE AND JACK BAUER IS COMING BACK! OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! OF ALL THE DRAMATIC THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN JACK BAUER STANDING RIGHT IN POWERS BOOTHE'S BOX ANNOUNCING HE IS BACK!

Having Brian McNamee as a "personal trainer" would explain Jack's, uhh, recuperative powers.

Did Jack fling the broken bat at Chang? "I thought it was the ball."

2. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Well-played. Bad 24 brings out the best in you. :D

All that's missing is for Bitter Young Matador2 to channel Gus Johnson describing the season finale.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know how bad this season was - I'd almost welcome the return of Chase and Jack's daughter Kim, the mountain lion and Behrooz.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Actually she stabbed him, but the last we saw of Prez Logan he was still alive. Unless I dozed off, they never said whether he lived or died. One of the many threads they just left hanging.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tonight was some of the best work Kim Raver has ever done

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

He flatlined in the ambulance. It's assumed he died, just like Tony Almeida.

Also, if she has a boy, I want Chloe to name her son Edgar.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Better would be if the kid comes out pudgy and bald!

8. Giggity

Giggity Member

I'm giving you a W for that one. All I know is, she must have the best agent the world.

But ... Jesus. The writers have gotten worse than our prep stringers from last weekend. Seems like they ran out of shit to fill out the season about 20 minutes (20 hours?) before the season was actually over. I've always thought it would be awesome to have a few minutes of Jack time when he's not running around freaking out with the whole world's fate in his hands, but they wasted it. I think they decided "fuck it, let's give ourselves a blank slate and retool in the offseason, beholden to nothing."

Well they probably didn't use the word beholden, but still.

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

This was my first year watching the show. I swear Bill Buchanan should have been fired just for making CTU such a loose ship. Jack's dad was allowed to wander around the place using a cell phone, even though everyone knew he was a psychopath. There were two romantic relationships (Chloe-Morris and Nadia-Milo) that got in the way of work on apparently the worst day in U.S. history. Then there's the CTU building itself, built across the street from the liquor store and over the main sewer system, giving easy access to both drunk staffers and Chinese terrorists.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

One of the many reasons why this season was such a drag, Kato.

Saving grace of the season finale: Bauercount.com has Jack's kills at 13 for the final episode, excluding himself but including his father. Jack finished with 49 kills in season 6, a career high. His previous high was in season five, in which he tallied 38.

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I must admit, the scene with William Devane and Sutherland was real good work, even if the premise was multi-flawed. Two good actors who had decent material.

"Or I'll kill you. You know, I'm pretty good at that, too."

12. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

My hope is that the reviews were so bad and the ratings fell enough that the producers might go, "Hummm....we may have a problem here" and reverse course immediately. Until then, my feeling on last night's finale is that there's 2 hours of my life I won't get back.

Draft saved Draft deleted