1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Season Finale: WE ARE OUT OF TIME!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 21, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Heh, heh. You said "jack off." Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.

I seriously thought about posting my prediction on here, but I really didn't get a good feel for this year, unlike last season. I have read, though, that producers are going to tinker with the show, and Kiefer may be the only cast member returning to the cast. However, it will retain its real-time format.

I'm just thankful the show's coming back. With Jericho and Studio 60 getting shitcanned, my TV watching will be seriously curtailed this upcoming season.

2. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Just finished watching it on DVR. I swear I saw Laura Ingram hand something to the VP to sign as they were walking down the hall. Did she have a cameo?

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Well, that entire two hour episode just kind of laid there, didn't it? There wasn't a single thing that happened that couldn't have been predicted a mile away. It's like the writers figured it was garbage time, the season is already lost, so let's just run out the clock.

Rumor has it that the show is completely changing course next season and there will be no more CTU. Makes sense, because it seemed like they might have been wrapping up all the CTU-ers plot lines for good. Bill and Karen ride off into the sunset. Chloe and Morris get back together and become parents. Doyle is blind and finished as an agent. Milo's dead. Nadia, well, nobody cares. I wouldn't be surprised if none of them, not even Chloe, come back as full-time regulars next year.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lame ending to a lame year - why didn't Jack demand the circuit from Cheng or his Dad. Or did he? What happened to Prez Palmer, the former Prez and his wacked out wife? What was the deal introducing Milo's bro? Why didn't the Navy waste the Chinese sub and why does the US find out that a Chinese sub is lurking off the SoCal coast from Russia? What the hell is everybody doing up and about at 4 a.m.. A 4 a.m. search of Bill's home? Bill Devane looking fresh as a daisy at 4 a.m.? The writers really did a bad job this season. A lot of possibilities, but they botched it bad.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh nooooo. An aging show tinkering with the format?

If you look below you you'll see the shark.

6. Freelance Hack

Former President was killed by the whacked-out wife midway through the season.

7. Freelance Hack

Next season we meet Jack Bauer's cousin, played by Ted McGinley.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ha!

"I'm your cousin: Jefferson D'arcy Bauer. And this is my friend Ogre."

9. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

It was really better than 98 percent of TV? You didn't feel like you were just watching to find out what happened because you'd invested a lot of time and/or money in the show (like DVDs)? I know that's how I felt.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's exactly how I felt. And during the show, both my wife and I were tinkering on the computer, playing hearts (me) or Scrabble (her) and checking out our fantasy baseball teams. Last year, we were focused completely on the show.

And TV sucks today, but not so bad that 24 this year was better than 98% of the shit on the tube. More like 37.333% of it.

11. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Jack's getting the Roger Clemens deal next season. He saves the world one hour a day, and spends the other 23 hours with his family, and doesn't go on any road trips [like China].

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Jack spends next season tracking his father down in China. The circuit board got damaged, but Jack's father rolled off the dock and into the boat after Jack left and drove off to rendezvous with the sub before it pulled away.

Draft saved Draft deleted