1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24: Redemption

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 19, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Season 3 was my favorite. They had IMO the best villian, and then he was killed by an even better villain. Season 2 was second best for me, and I'm optimistic about the new one after last night.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Come on! They left the freaking president convulsing on the curb, then come back with his scarred hand? No drama about his recovery? Hardly any insight into what were his diminished capacities? It was weak, and you are too easily pleased if you accepted it.

Worse resolution of a cliffhanger in TV history. Second-worst is when Sorkin had Bartlett's daughter get kidnapped on West Wing, then quit the show, and the new writers' resolution after a couple weeks of anguish was, "Oh, we found her!"

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It wasa a bit weird. I just assumed that President Palmer had a hearty constitution -- or perhaps a weak handshake.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shut your mouth!

It's 24. It doesn't have time for back story, or flashbacks. Even the damn filling in the blanks movie ran in real time.

I'll agree it was a little abrupt, but fuck, if you're looking for logic and believability in 24, you are looking at the wrong show.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'll weigh in on this. It's worth noting that I watched the first three seasons on DVD and the rest on TV, which dovetails nicely with my opinion.

Season 1: awesome.
    Season 2: equally awesome.
    Season 3: even more awesome.
    Season 4: worst of the bunch. Least satisfying ending I can remember in a TV season.
    Season 5: a step back in the right direction.
    Season 6: somewhere between 4 and 5.

So in order of awesomeness: 3, 1, 2, 5, 6, 4. Maybe it's just better when you can watch back-to-back and don't have a week to dissect. My coworker has a theory that the prime-numbered seasons are the good ones, which bodes well for this year.

6. This was a good table-setter, but the best part about the two hours was the trailer for the upcoming season. Not sure what that says about Redemption.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

What past sins is he trying to earn "Redemption" for?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In addition to what the Congressional committee wants to discuss, consider the things he blames himself for. The person he trusted the most at CTU during Day 1 --- Nina Meyers --- turned out to be a traitor who murdered his wife. The last time we saw Audrey Raines, she was in a coma because of him. He's alienated from his daughter, who probably thinks he really has died this time. And all those ghosts haunting him . . . all his friends and co-workers whose violent deaths he's had to come to terms with.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not to mention when Michelle was killed after being called into work. And when Tony "died."

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He killed Curtis to protect a terrorist!

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That, too. If you have to do that in real life, wouldn't you carry around a 747 full of emotional baggage?

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I can't wait to see Chloe again.

Draft saved Draft deleted