1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Space Monkey, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Space Monkey

Space Monkey Member

I couldn't sleep last night and ended up watching an old episode of 24 that was on in the middle of the night.

I didn't follow the show in the first few seasons, but watched every episode last season and enjoy the show. There are times that the writing is so poor I don't know why I continue to watch.

During the episode I saw last night (I guess it was first or second season), Jack Bauer is driving around with Pedro Cerrano's wife and has a heart attack or something and drives off the road. Pedro's wife starts to run away, but Jack can't stop her BECAUSE HIS SEAT BELT IS STUCK.

Huh?

When Pedro's wife comes back and offers to help, Jack instructs her that he has a knife in the glove compartment. So not only could Jack not escape from the dangerous seat belt, but he couldn't reach over and grab a knife two feet away without someone helping him.

Did this really happen?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes, it really happened. I thought Jack was stuck in the seat, though, because of the heart attack and was begging Pedro's wife to help him out. She ran like the bitch that she is but felt guilty and came back to help him.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

She also knew, that when you cross Jack Bauer, you die.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Threadjack:

Best drama series, best actor in a drams (Kiefer Sutherland), best director.

But the Chinese stole the trophies; they may be on a freighter headed for Shanghai.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Instead of having the orchestra play the winners off stage, they should have had Kiefer Sutherland appear on stage and scream, "WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!"

Especially in light of the fact that Bob Newhart's life was on the line.

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Or he could have yelled "WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?"

7. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Kiefer should've pulled out a cellphone and called somebody right on stage, and then whacked a bunch of extras.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Extras? Shit, they don't whack extras on 24. The extras are the only ones surviving. I swear, I've seen the same guys in those CTU security getups for the last five years.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I just finished re-watching season 2 yesterday on my day off. I need to go out and get seasons 1, 3, 4 and 5 so I can watch all those.

But to get my 24 fix, I went to Movie Gallery and rented 24: The Game. I'm stuck on a stage where I'm supposed to blow up a fucking chopper with Jack Bauer. I can't seem to get past it because I always run out of health packs or whatever. Anyone playing/played this and have tips?

And Space Monkey, to answer your question, Jack Bauer was tortured in one of the early episodes and his heart stopped. He was brought back to life, but his heart was badly damaged.

10. Space Monkey

Space Monkey Member

And this made him vulnerable to seat belts?

Seriously, KY, thanks for the info. I've thought about renting the first few seasons of 24 but I feel like I don't have the time to invest in watching them all. I couldn't get into the show when it started because I would see one episode and then miss two weeks before watching another one. Since getting DVR, I think I've watched every episode in the last two seasons.

11. KYSportsWriter

His seatbelt jammed when he wrecked after his heart attack or whatever. Mrs. Palmer was going to leave, but came back to the truck they were in and cut the seatbelt so Jack could get out.

12. KYSportsWriter

I finally got past that chopper on the game. It took me like 20 minutes, running around CTU's roof and hiding behind walls that protected me, but I did it.

Now I'm hunting down this bomb that will set off an earthquake in LA. I'm just about done with the game.

Has anyone played this yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted