1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 has just jumped the shark (spoilers, obviously)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Uh, it's not ironic.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it jumped the shark at all. And I don't see how it jumped the shark last night...

And friend, I was being sarcastic. I guess the sarcasm font is broken again!

3. Sorry KY, didn't pick up on that. The misuse of ironic is one of my pet peeves.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ironically, friend of a friend did not pick up on the fact KY was not in fact misusing the word ironic in a sentence. :D :D

5. What's ironic about it?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nothing! That's the point!

7. KYSportsWriter

It's a thread about 24 -- even though we've got a running thread at the top of the fucking page -- and it was my 2400th post. That's what!

:D

8. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

That would make it either interesting or curious. Not ironic.

Ironic would be if Jack Bauer stopped by your house tonight because he had intelligence that said a terrorist just had his 2,400th post on SportsJournalists.com (it would also be funny).

9. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

It does seem like they were trying awful hard to have a REALLY BIG season premiere. Hence the nuclear blast. Would have been just as effective, I think, if they'd had Jack shoot Curtis and then the CTU unit succeed, barely, in stopping the terrorists in the warehouse, but missing Fayed and knowing he still had 4 bombs left and no leads. But I'm not sure the shark has been lept just yet. Let's check back in a week or two.

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

The four missing bombs is like the missing tanks of nerve gas from last year.

The shooting Curtis thing was a new twist.

11. KYSportsWriter

If Jack Bauer showed up at my house, I would faint.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I do not watch this show. I saw one episode during the first season and thought it blew. My wife likes it, though. She was telling me about it tonight over dinner and I thought, hmmm, they nuked L.A., how can you not like a show like that? Maybe I'll have to reevaluate.

Draft saved Draft deleted