1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I thought that, given their constraints (Jack has to stay alive for a movie, and has done so many bad things today there's no letting him just skate or get pardoned), they did as well as they could. We've seen "Jack goes into the sunset alone, pursued by bad people" before, but I can't think of better options.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I knew they wouldn't kill him unless it was another main character.

I still don't believe that Renee is dead. I don't care about her silent clock. That bitch is still breathing somewhere.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

When he put the gun to his throat, I thought there was no way a spineless weasel like Logan would actually have the balls to pull the trigger on himself. But when we found out that he not only fucked it up, but left himself likely brain dead for the rest of his life, I said, "You know, that sounds about right."

As much as I enjoyed Jack's scorched earth policy over the last month, I felt good about him doing the right thing in the end. Wasn't a perfect finale, but I thought the good far outweighed the bad. For all that drove me nuts over the years, I'm going to miss this show.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I couldn't agree more. It just got too sappy

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It droned on.

6. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Well done.

7. Logan will make some kind of miracle Stephen Hawking-like comeback in the movie. He's obsessed with Jack and too weasly a character to just send off to a vegetative state.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Who cares? All he'll do is mumble and worry about who took his swingline stapler.

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

THEN BURN CTU TO THE GROUND.

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Oh how I miss reading the weekly 24 thread

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Is the Chloe epilogue scene supposed to be a set-up for the movie or what? Doesn't make sense to have an epilogue that ends like that.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So I know I'm late to the party here but I just watched Season 8 from start to finish (I watched the first four episodes originally and just gave up).

Maybe it's because I watched it in pretty rapid fire succession but I liked it. A lot. I thought this season was a definite improvement over Season 7 and it left me wanting more, not an easy task to accomplish.

Was it perfect? No. Dana Walsh was utterly useless and the whole boyfriend side angle was stupid. And CTU got jacked up again? Seriously? And there was another CTU mole? Really? I mean, you can't keep reusing the same plot points and not expect your show to get stale.

But that being said, it was one hell of a ride. Now the only question is whether or not I start over from Day One. Love me some 24.

Draft saved Draft deleted