1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Only a fuckup like Logan can shoot himself upwards through the neck and survive.

They should bring the series back with Chloe as the star.

Good luck to Jack getting out of the country covered in blood, with metal stitches across his gut. I'm sure no one at LaGuardia will notice.

Next stop: Somalia.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He'll wind up on an Ajira flight to Seoul.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hell- good luck to Jack getting out of Bed Stuy and navigating the BQE to LGA. We know the TSA will not pose a problem.

And congratulations to Tom Jolly

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jack choking Chloe out was a highlight, as was Jack going Mike Tyson on Reed Diamond - it's really tough to look like a bad ass when you have a bandage over your ear.
    Seeing Eriq La Salle as the UN Sec General was kind of weird. I wonder if they signed him before they knew how the story was going to play.
    The end seemed like a throwback to either the first season or the second season when Jack had to go underground. Figure he'll team up with Madsen in the movie, Chloe will be on some computer terminal in some backwater agency that will just happen to have a role in the next plot.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

At some point, they're going to need to get Stephen Root out of that air duct.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree. They kind of left him hanging there in the finale.

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

(SPOILER)

I am happy with the finale. Jack (and the president) ended up following their conscience and they did the right thing.

I am hoping that the movie will be more of a prequel than anything else. Bring back Nina Meyers, President Palmer, etc. and tell the story of what happened during the gap between seasons 2 & 3 or something like that.

I know in season 1, Palmer was involved in the black op that caused the Dennis Hopper character to target both Jack and Palmer. i'd love to explore that or something similar.

8. Wallace

Wallace Guest

I loved the finale - thought it wrapped things up nicely and put a good end to a turbulent season. Loved, LOVED Logan going nuts at the end. He was the star of the season.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Read an interview with one of the producers. He said the film won't be a prequel. I'd really like to see them amp the thing up - I wouldn't be surprised if the plot is about OPEC, the Russians and Chinese teaming up against the US, and Jack needing to expose the secret deal, by infiltrating a G8 Summit.

10. BRoth

BRoth Member

They definitely can't make a prequel. Sure, they'll have a loyal fan base to fall back on, but they'll need to get some new, uninitiated butts into seats. The 30-second "previously on" won't cut it this time.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

"Chloe when you started at CTU, I never thought it would be you that would have my back all these times over the years."
    Can you get any more sappy or sentimental than that?

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

Eh, the whole final two minutes felt like it was a Mr. Rogers goodbye. Right up to the "Shut it down" from Chloe. I'm willing to look past it considering there's one (maybe) final piece left.

Draft saved Draft deleted