1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oscar Gamble, Dec 4, 2008.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I hope this doesn't mean we've found Jack's potential replacement:

The Hollywood Reporter says Freddie Prinze Jr. is joining the cast of Fox's "24" as a regular, playing Davis Cole, a recently returned Marine who runs CTU Field Ops and wants to follow in Jack Bauer's footsteps.

On the real-time drama, whose upcoming eighth season started production Wednesday, Prinze joins fellow new cast additions Anil Kapoor, who plays a Middle East leader; Chris Diamantopoulos, as the president's new chief of staff; and John Boyd as a CTU systems analyst. All of them are regulars, while Jennifer Westfeldt has come aboard as a recurring, playing a a journalist.

Also cast as a recurring is Nazneen Contractor as Kapoor's daughter.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Wow, from being on the WWE writing team to becoming a cast member on 24 ... quite a step up for Mr. Prince Jr.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Sarah's pregnant, right? So he needs to go out and get himself a job.

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

With a different guy running CTU field ops, anybody think Jack will be running CTU again?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

WHAT?! Seriously?? He fell that far?

And if so, why did he bounce back? He sucks. Then again, given how much 24 blew this year, this might be a dead cat bounce for Freddie.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Yes, no joke. Freddie Prinze Jr. was on the WWE writing team for a little less than a year. I thought it was joke when I first heard he got the job.

7. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

No way. the first half of the season was pretty good. It just went downhill so fuckin fast it's hard to remember that it started out in a decent direction.
    The second half of the season was absolutely ridiculous.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I disagree. The last 3 hours were the best part of the season by a wide margin.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You might be right. But I remember not even being all that enthralled with the prequel movie in November. I don't recall one time this season where I thought they'd disproved me for thinking the show should have ended the previous year. That happened in Day 5, with Jack emerging from "death" after Palmer was killed, and Day 6 with the whole post-China storyline. Not Day 7.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The way they should have handled Season Six was have a six-episode arc prior to the start of the season that showed Jack in China.

It all revolves around him refusing to give up information and trying to escape. Then, mysteriously, the last episode ends with Jack saying "I've got something to say" and Day 6 begins with the Chinese government returning him back to the US without explanation.

You then spend all of Season Six with Jack refusing to cooperate with US authorities, refusing to reveal whether or not he said anything and create a China planning a big attack storyline.

Would have made for some great questions.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So, I'm not able to find the final three episodes on Hulu.

Can someone post the links for me?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pretty glad to see Mikylti Williamson joining the cast as the head of CTU - he was great in Boomtown.

Draft saved Draft deleted