1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24: Continuing to hurtle over the shark

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 7, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

At least once every season since Season 1.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

So Jack has two hours to escape from armed Chinese guards, kill Chang and kill his father to get his nephew back. I say he pulls it off and kidnaps Audrey while he's at it. During the days/months between this season and next season, living on the lamb in seclusion with Jack will cure her post-traumatic hostage syndrome.

3. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Three hours. The last episode is two hours.

4. EStreetJoe

damn... I thought it was three hours left and then the previews said two episodes left. So they threw me off

5. EStreetJoe

I'm also betting that Lennox and the Secret Service agents in the van won't stop drooling over the video of Lisa & Bishop getting it on in time to get in there and save her life.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

1. Season 5
    2. Season 1
    3. Season 4
    4. Season 2
    5. Season 6
    6. Season 3 (I honestly remember almost nothing about it, just that it was awful...)

7. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I agree that this season hasn't been on par with the others, but it's still a thrill-ride hour of TV for me. There have been some cool moments this season (mostly Jack killing people ... but hey, no one kills in a more entertaining way than Jack freakin Bauer!). Between "24" and "Heroes" I'm a happy guy on most Monday nights.

And, while someone else earlier in this thread said tonight's "oh shit moment" wasn't that great, I still muttered "Oh fuck!" when the shot was fired.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I always found it interesting that terrorists feel it is necessary to setup their base of operatings within a 30-minute transportation ride of CTU. Seriously, those Muslim guys in the beginning, who knew about Jack Bauer, why didn't they just setup their base in, say, Chicago? Or maybe they could have setup their base in Richmond, Virginia.

9. EStreetJoe

Because several hours on a plane doesn't make for good TV and it would be too hard for the writers to explain why CTU's best LA field officers were transferred to Chicago and/or Richmond.

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I liked it too.
    I really don't care if it has no basis in reality. Just an enjoyable ride.

11. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

SPOILER. . . . not for the future but from Monday's show.

When the oh-shit moment came, I got a text message from a friend that said, "I guess Milo won't be back next year."

I'd like to figure out the mortality rate of a CTU employee -- not the field operatives but the people who work in the L.A. office. It has to be high. Real high.

12. EStreetJoe

There was the one season where 95% of the CTU office employees got wiped out by the syntox nerve gas. But other than that, it has been maybe 1 or 2 a season (one or two in a day every 18 months... is that high?)

Draft saved Draft deleted