1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24: Continuing to hurtle over the shark

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 7, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Man, this season has sucked something fierce. It's like the writers forgot there were eight more episodes after they killed off the lead terrorist.

Doesn't anyone think that China attacking CTU would cause nuclear war? Geez.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The season has sucked, but where could the writers have gone after that first episode?

Tonight's "oh shit" moment sucked. But Jack killing all those Chinese before getting caught was awesome. I just wish the season hadn't sucked as much as it has...

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A show like that demanded that the viewer take a Road Runner-Wile E. Coyote suspension of belief anyway. And the shelf life of greatness was destined to be short. Be glad it took this long to suck.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Jack's gonna die this season. I just feel it.

5. lono

lono Active Member

First he has to whack Tony Soprano.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Well, apparently I'm the only one who liked it.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying this season although it's the first one that has consistently made me laugh. It's gotten to the point that every time Jack shows up on screen, JR sings the Mighty Mouse theme. :D

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree. Four out of the first five seasons were outstanding. It's tough to maintain a show like this.

I've been saying Jack would die this year for, well, 20 weeks. It's the only place for the show to go. Though a 24 without Jack Bauer would suck even worse.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The minute Jack's wife had amnesia ... I was done. What was that, the first season? That was my shark-leaping moment.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The day that happens is the day I stop watching 24.

I've liked the season, but it just hasn't been as action-packed as I'd hoped. Following up last season would be tough, we all knew that, but the disappointments have been few and far between this season for me.

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

CTU's gotta be the worst enforcement agency ever. How many times has it been bombed/invaded/gassed/attacked?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thus killing whatever amorous mood you may have been in.

Draft saved Draft deleted