1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 April 9 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 9, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Regard 2 + 3, could my theory (posted earlier in this thread) be a possibility or are we going to take CTU's file as the truth that Audrey really was looking for Jack in China?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Man, if Jack rescues Audrey all hell's going to break loose in Personnel.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I can't imagine the Chinese asking for Audrey in exchange for Jack. Jack is military. As such, his life is one in which can be sacrificed. Audrey is a diplomat. I guess, I just don't see the logic behind demanding the acquisition of one for the other.

I would just guess that the Chinese staged her death in China and have been holding onto her ever since. Then, when they flew over to LA to deliver Jack, they had her stashed someplace else on the plane. This way, if Jack survives, you can get him back.

I am going to the other way though and say that this show attempts to be so unpredictable that all of what I wrote, must be wrong.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Best line of the season, followed by "Say hello to your brother."

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Beat me to it, JB. Thought you were thigh deep in Zach Johnson stories ;)

I've never wanted a TV villian to die as brutal a death as that genocidal whack-job Fayed. Normally when I get home at 11:30ish from teaching my college class an hour-45 from my house, I crash.

Not last night. I couldn't wait to see Jack go medieval on Fayed. LOVED the part in the bar last week when Fayed was on the ground in the bar after his Night Stalker-esque beatdown by the natives. One of the locals says "He shot my friend" and Fayed says "I hope he dies."

Whereupon Jack kicks him in the face and tells him to shut up. ;D

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Remember, we're in the 24 Time Zone. Cheng Zhi (the bastard from Chinese intel) only handed over Jack to CTU 131/2 hours ago or thereabouts. Methinks Cheng stayed in L.A. for what was officially described "a consultation at the Chinese Consulate," where you may remember he was director of security during Jack's incursion during season 4.

Interesting question: Was Audrey on another part of the same Chinese plane that brought Jack to L.A. this morning?

7. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

One of my favorite moments of the entire series run, right up there with when Tony saved Jack in the garage with the cars.

Wouldn't it be neat if 24 moved to New York or somewhere else for a season? North Korea?

The other question is, why do they mention China like it's 2 for 1 at Woolworth's, but keep saying "Fayed's country" or "Fayed's government"? So it's OK to piss off China but not Afghanistan or wherever he's from?

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Yeah, the boot to the face last week was pretty good as well.

And yes, Zach Johnson is good copy right now. :)

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But not as good as Jack Bauer would be if he had won the Masters. :D

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

great line - say hello to allah would have been even better

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

shit! finally got through the last three episodes (I love TiVo) and damn! it's about time. Most of this season, I could easily wait. Now, I think I'm finally back to watching each episode as they happen instead of TiVoing while I did something more entertaining.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Maybe.
    Unless Audrey was in L.A. the whole time and CTU turned her over to the Chinese that morning and showed Jack a phony file of doctored photos to make him think she was dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted