1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 April 9 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 9, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I told you frakkers we were on the precipice of a holy shit moment (OK, several). :D

The Chinese intel types in the 24 universe are nasty bastards.

My name is 2muchcoffeeman, and I know Jack's shit. ;D

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I liked the look on Doyle's face after the shenanigans were over and he surveyed the carnage.

"Damn, Jack."

3. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Yeah, that was pretty good. I guess whatever "happened in Denver" paled in comparison. Yet while the kill of Fayed was quite impressive, the whole thing seemed a touch rushed and anticlimactic.
    That said, the Chinese do have impeccable timing. And somehow I don't think we've seen the last of Jack's dad.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not only do the Chinese have impeccable timing, they have the brilliant plan to bring Audrey back to L.A. and within reach of Jack.

They really took his incursion into the embassy personally, didn't they? Seems like they're going to a lot of trouble to fuck with him.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

So was Audrey what the US Government gave up to get Jack back?

Did the Chinese insist on it being her, knowing if Jack survived what the US wanted him back for that she would be the only thing he would return to them for? Was CTU part of the conspriacy, telling Jack that she was dead so he would stay focused on the task at hand instead of thinking of how to get her back?

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

That's so good that if it isn't the storyline, they should so some serious-ass reshooting.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

great line- other option was "allah lied there really is no virgins"

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I just discovered last week--maybe I'm the last to know--you can watch the previous episode online without commercials, via a link on the Fox webpage. I forgot to TiVo last week, and watched it late last night on my laptop...very exciting.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

Yesterday's episode was a little too Bruce Willis for me. As complex as this storyline has been - they culminate the bomb portion by Jack winning a gunfight with six terrorists after riding under-gun on a semi? He'd be exhausted by the time he let go as the truck was parked. But he gets up, breaks the neck of one goon, then not only guns down five guys, but beats the hell out of Fayed. Really goofy.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

When he strung up Fayed I was reminded of Willis' kill scene with the big blonde guy in Diehard.

"I'm gonna kill you. I'm gonna cook you. And I'm gonna eat you!"

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

As the rest of CTU was catching up to Super-Jack, my wife says, "So now what are they going to do with the remaining hours?" The producer's at 24 must have realized this and here comes the Chinese phone call.

I thought about this for a little bit and here were some of my thoughts.
    1. If the Chinese had Audrey in China, the remainder of the show would be Jack on a plane. Thus, she must be in LA. All good terrorists and bad guys know that you need to be in the LA vicinity to get anything done.

2. Audrey is officially dead according to her file. So, I guess that the rescue of Audrey will be mostly a Jack solo mission with some help from Chloe and a few other CTU people that don't want anyone else to know what they are doing.

3. When Audrey was hunting for Jack in China, they took her to use as leverage. Jack didn't talk during the year long torture event. As such, the information they want will be obtained by dangling Audrey's life in front of Jack.

Draft saved Draft deleted