1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

21 Shot, 1 Dead -- in Separate Incidents in Chicago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I suppose you're trying to be funny, but no one suggested anything like that.

Please don't try to put words in my mouth or anyone else's.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And this is your usual drive-by scorn, ridiculing someone without giving proof, or at least a rationale, that he's worthy of ridicule

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I was having a little fun with words in regards to dog not posting very often these days. I specifically made a point to type, "To say nothing of the content posted above" precisely because I was not making a comment on what dog said (I saved that for my subsequent post). Sorry I confused you, dools.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I wasn't putting any words in anyone's mouth, or trying to be funny.

I made a statement. Your response to my statement told me all I needed to know.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

YF did overreact. The original post was so dumb it should have just been ignored. Oh, crap.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, it's Daley's fault.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

21'S BEEN SHOT!?!

IS SHE OKAY?

SHE'S ONE OF OUR MOST TREASURED POSTERS.

EVERYBODY BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"21 has been shot ... now I'm in charge."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What is Chicago doing/not doing to combat crime. New York has seen a 20 year decline in murder rates and violent crime. Other cities, incudling LA have tackled the gang issue head on and have met with some success. Why does Chicago continue to have such a violent crime problem?

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

OK. Then feel free to offer a solution to the problem that only criminals seem to have all the guns, especially in an urban area with strict gun-control laws.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, I messed up the headline. It was 21 wounded, 1 dead. So, actually, 22 were shot.

21 is ok.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So that's what BYH looks like. 8)

I've always been a Dick Daley fan, had lots of family who worked for the Boss back in the day....but hard to see how long he will survive as Mare with this stuff happening.

Altho on the other hand, is there anyone who could successfully run against him?

(ps, I've never been shot in Chicago, unless you count Crossed Giblets.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.