1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

21 injured in Pennsylvania school stabbing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I guess school violence doesn't move people if there aren't political points to score.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

No guns - yawn.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I think it may be more a case of, "What in the world do you say about this?...," and people just not knowing.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The world has gone nuts. That is all.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Nobody died.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Thank God.

Nice suburban Pittsburgh school district, Franklin Regional. Just shows there's no predicting where somebody is going to go apeshit.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If our elected representatives don't immediately get to work on a blade control bill, the world will soon come to an end.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A few are critical, so there's a possibility.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Throw away the key, and if any of the victims die, go for the DP.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And YankeeFan didn't think people would go political against this. Apparently, he forgot about tony.

Fine. You want to go there?

There were no fatalities, though at least one of the kids hospitalized has life-threatening injuries, so that may change. That said, I don't think any reasonable person thinks that would have been the case if the kid had guns instead of knives.

If I'm reading it right, one of those injured was a police sergeant who confronted the kid. I don't know why he wouldn't have had a gun, but I haven't read about that either way. If he had one, I'm curious why he didn't use it.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I saw one story where a local was quoted as saying, "We never thought it would happen here." Um, it seems like this is EXACTLY where this kind of stuff happens with some frequency -- a fairly well-to-do or suburban school district.

Draft saved Draft deleted