1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#20Acts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Dec 16, 2012.

1. I didn't kill anyone yesterday. #20acts

I didn't flip off an old lady this morning. #20acts

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

U.S. soccer player Heather Mitts will retweet your #20Acts, no matter how meager.

Especially if you're an attention whore who specifically sends her a Tweet bragging about your charitable giving.

Elise Robyn ‏@EliseRobyn

@AbbyWambach @heathermitts I just donated as much as I could to the prostate cancer foundation #changingtheworld #payitforward

Tamara Blessing ‏@tbless1407

@abbywambach and @heathermitts im on act #5 of kindness. Just dropped off over $100 worth of toys to the fire station. Felt great!!

Faith Bektas ‏@FaithBek

@heathermitts found this on my car with candy. So I paid for whoever was behind me in line at Starbucks today :) pic.twitter.com/Ey56p3Ii

(photo below)

[​IMG]

Lauren ⚽ ‏@Lauren_Arrabito

@heathermitts @AbbyWambach I bought a full meal from subway for the homeless man behind our church. Give more expect less. Merry Christmas!

Kristin Lloyd ‏@KristinLloyd3

@heathermitts @AbbyWambach I put $100 on a gift card and left it with the cashier to give to someone who could use it.

❤⚽uSwNt⚽❤ ‏@IAdmireUswnt

@AbbyWambach @heathermitts #actofkindness sending old cleats, balls, and soccer supplies to Cameroon for the underprivileged kids.

Kara Smith ‏@heypralines

@AbbyWambach mailing out a box of toys for the children of a deployed soldier. It's my act 3. Thanks to you & @heathermitts for inspiring me

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Thanks for ruining my night, Norrin.
    The USWSL's IRL is going to be full of shoulder strains...

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57560308/ann-curry-proposes-26acts-of-kindness-goes-viral/

This article links some of these without irony.

5. Aren't you just upset no one paid for your Starbucks? ;D

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I held a door open for a family of four today.

Can I get some coverage? TV news only, thanks.

7. printit

printit Member

The thing I like about this 20 acts movement is that it encourages positive action (doing something nice for someone) and not just talk (mindless Facebook messages for peace, etc.)
    It seems a little harsh to suggest that the only way someone can respond to this is by rallying around a political cause that you think would solve these problems. There is a pretty good body of evidence to suggest that, on balance, guns increase safety.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The thing that bothers me about the link Norrin posted is that everyone seems to think "act of kindness" = "paying for something." Leaving a dollar for someone to buy a fucking Snickers is not an act of kindness.

There are so many soup kitchens, so many shelters, so many animal shelters, so many everything that would LOVE to have 2-3 hours of your time. It means a lot more than a dollar left for someone else who works in the same place you do and can probably afford a candy bar.

I hate people sometimes.

9. joe

joe Active Member

The next time someone lets a stinky one go, I'm going to say it was me who farted.

10. I've got your 6. You can buy a pin or learn about PTSD in 30 seconds. I helped vets today.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nice pull, Poin. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted