1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Globe headline just as bad as these playoffs:

Sweet 18

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm struggling to think of one iconic moment from these playoffs. Ten of Boston's 16 playoff wins were by double digits. I guess Anthony Edwards' emergence was probably the best storyline? But yeah, super boring.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This was so stupid, like anyone cared what modern day George Jefferson was wearing.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not even an online tease in Fort Worth (McClatchy, of course).

[​IMG]

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At least you have an exceptionally subpar draft class to look forward to next week!

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Either Fat Luka barking at his bench, "You better fucking challenge that!" after committing his 6th foul in game 3; or two Masshole Celtics fans fighting each other at the game 4 viewing party in Boston.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

At least now ESPN can go back to talking about their favorite NBA thing: Offcourt Lakers crap.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The Finals had a lot of bad basketball. The games were mostly stretches of one team being great and the other being garbage or both teams being garbage. Very, very few runs of both playing at a high level.

And if you think Celtics fans don't enjoy buzzcut white boys tossing up threes, I have a trailer of surplus Danny Woodhead jerseys to sell you.

poindexter and sgreenwell like this.
  10. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Danny Woodhead never hit a three. At least not in a basketball game. I don't know much about his extracurricular activities, but if the soft sixes didn't recognize him as a pro athlete out of uniform, that's what he was left with.

But a Boston-area merch stand specializing in Woodhead, Pritchard, Trot Nixon and Brock Holt jerseys, among others, would do quite well. They love them some gritty, heady, scrappy coaches on the field/floor who have HAAAAAAHT, are stand-up guys and play the game the RIGHT way. Not like LeBron. If you know what I mean.

More recently they've become very invested in the integrity and future of the WNBA. For reasons.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fo’ fo’ fo’

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The T-Wolves coming back from down 20 in the third quarter to beat the defending champs and the best player in the game in Denver in a Game 7 was pretty incredible.

I really thought they were the “team of destiny” before they shit down their legs against Dallas.

Draft saved Draft deleted