1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 Rock & Roll HOF screechfest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hot and Rickety, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cyndi also got Captain Lou Albano.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

If the shambolic HOF is to include the founding and definitive bands of each genre of music, they along with Obituary and Death should be in for US death metal.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I have a stark memory of an MLB broadcast montage in 1986 of Lenny Dykstra rounding the bases with arms raised as "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper played. That's a truly moving, harrowing song and I have no idea what the hell it was doing in a baseball montage.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

All it needs is the Y107 stinger at the end.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Wow, ruined it even further, thanks :)

dixiehack likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Pleased to help!

7. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Word for word. I've been an Iron Maiden fan since I was 12. I saw them for the first time when I was 13 (Piece of Mind). I'm now 52 and saw them most recently in October. They bring it every night to sold out arenas all over the world and their last two albums were bangers and -- at least in metal circles -- highly relevant. But I also know that the type of rock writers who vote for this stuff don't care -- they hate metal, prog and anything in between. And honestly I doubt Bruce, 'Arry, Nicko, et al. care much either.

I agree with you on the others except for Zevon -- he should have been in years ago. At least by the standards of RRHOF and a lot of the others (Laura Nyro?) that they've inducted.

8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

No. But only because her cover of Sweet Child O' Mine is worse.

Webster and Tighthead like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If the RRHOF were in Manchester rather than in Cleveland. Joy Division/New Order would be charter members.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Nothing good ever came from Manchester. Much prefer Bristol's musical contributions.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just the Treble.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Rovers are much more likable, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted